Fig and Olive
Events Assistant (Washington, D.C.)
District of Columbia/Washington
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
Mougins, France has been the inspiration for FIG & OLIVE. Our cuisine is based on genuine ingredients and a respect of flavors. Mougins is also referred to as the birthplace of the "Cuisine of the Sun." FIG & OLIVE'S elegant and warm design with limestone stucco walls, terra-cotta colored ceiling, and green rosemary and olive trees exude the essence of the Mediterranean.
FIG & OLIVE is actively seeking exceptional and highly qualified candidates to join our growing team in the following locations Chicago, IL, Newport Beach, CA, New York City, Westchester, NY, West Hollywood, CA, and Washington D.C. (Opening 2015). We firmly believe that in order to create a rewarding experience for our guests, we must select individuals willing to deliver the finest service imaginable.
To create a successful hospitality team, we seek individuals who can personally follow the five key points of our value system: Enthusiasm, Desire, Integrity, Excellence, and Hospitality. At FIG & OLIVE, we pride ourselves on developing motivated and passionate individuals in the areas of restaurant front and back of the house, finance, human resources, sales and marketing and corporate management positions. If our brand and culture aligns with your career aspirations, we invite you to search our current exciting job opportunities.
The Event Assistant will provide administrative support to the Event Sales Manager. The Event Assistant will also play a leading role in event coordination.
- Liasing with event clients to finalize all event details including menu, timeline, floor plan, and special requests
- Working in tandem with restaurant operations departments to successfully execute events, coordinate reservation blocks, communication of food and beverage details, and outline all other details pertaining to the event
- Creating & distributing a weekly calendar of events
- Reconciling event checks
- Maintain well-organized event & financial records, take deposits
- Monitor and report service satisfaction trends, address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Provide overall direction and coordination for successful execution of all BEOs generated
- Other duties as assigned
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Must be highly organized & thorough, demonstrating follow-through and accuracy in completion of tasks
- Able to multitask and work productively under pressure
- Must be able to think strategically to problem solve and provide innovative set ups, menus, and functions for groups
- Must be professional, polished, and articulate
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate passion and commitment at ownership level
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity, and be ethical at all times
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends, holidays) if deemed necessary to promote business or oversee events
- Knowledge of OpenTable, Triplseat, Micros or other software alike is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1+ years in hospitality at either a luxury hotel, restaurant group or catering company
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in event coordination or management
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.
FIG & OLIVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).