Restaurant Cook III
The Loews Philadelphia Hotel is seeking a Cook III to join our team. Loews Philadelphia Hotel offers supremely comfortable 581 guest rooms, including 12 suites and 54 concierge club rooms, all of which are luxuriously appointed and are furnished to suit the needs of both families and business travelers. Loews Philadelphia Hotel features 47,000 square feet of versatile conference space. For more information about the Loews Philadelphia Hotel.
Cook III will be an integral part of one of the most popular restaurants in Center City Philadelphia, Bank & Bourbon. Designed by nationally recognized design firm Meyer Davis and housed in the iconic PSFS Building, Bank & Bourbon promises to deliver one of the finest dining experiences in Philadelphia.
The Full Time Restaurant Cook is a key member of the Bank and Bourbon Culinary Team and will work to deliver superb inherently American cuisine to our guests.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Reports directly to the Chef, Sous Chef, and Supervisor
- Prepares/cooks all volume food inters according to standard recipes and specifications to ensure consistency of product
- Checks and controls the proper storage an rotation of product, checking on portion control to maintain a quality product
- Practice inventory controls, including the preparation of and pick up of item from the storeroom
- Cleaning of walk-ins, reach-in boxes, to ensure all equipment in working areas is clean and sanitary and in proper working condition, in order to comply with health department regulations
- Maintains cooking and preparation areas in a clean condition at all times
- All other duties as assigned
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 year’s experience with a good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking and accepted standards of sanitation.
Education: Entry level position after culinary school graduation. (High school diploma require)
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V