Chef de Cuisine
FIG & OLIVE (West Hollywood, CA)
Location: US - CA - West Hollywood
Chef De Cuisine
Utilize skills and experience to operate the area of responsibility in a high quality and profitable manner so as to conform to the policies and procedures of the company and provide the guest with a memorable experience.
Task and Duties:
- Ensures continued operation of the kitchen, back of the house, and all issues associated with food production, preparation, cleanliness, storage, and stocking of products. Directly supervises the BOH chefs and employees owning ultimate responsibility for the quality of products being served there.
- Owns ultimate responsibility in ensuring all ‘back of the house’ employees and their work areas, including control of food at all times by using the temperature log, use of sanitized equipment, use of gloves, and sanitized handling of food at all times are kept to the CA and F&O Health Department standards.
- Insures that all standard recipes and presentations are being followed.
- Daily tasting of foods in all areas.
- Demonstrates, supervises, & teaches employees by providing “shoulder to shoulder” training.
- Monitors the product being served by being in the areas of service during mealtimes and banquets,
- Adheres to staffing guide outlines.
- Approves all schedules in area.
- Attends necessary weekly manager meetings.
- Holds regular meetings with department heads.
- Knows the budget on yearly to daily basis.
- Maintains kitchen equipment, to include both expendable and non-expendable items.
- Co-ordinates new and revised menus with Executive Chef.
- Develops low season training programs to maintain the interest of the staff and improve the knowledge and productivity.
- In the absence of the Sous Chef, will be personally responsible for supervising closing shift employees in the main kitchen at night, and will be the last one out of there.
- Maintains a healthy communication link with the General Manager and is ready to help the General Manager in any requested manner.
- Maintains, coordinates, and ensures orders of all food associated products and supplies to standardized par levels owning ultimate responsibility for the inventory and variance thereof.
Report to: Executive Chef, Vice President
Supervises: Sous Chef, prep cooks, line cooks, receiver, porter, dishwashers.
Key relations: Executive Chef, Director of Operations, General Manager, Chef of Commissary, Expediter, Maintenance.
1. Minimum of 5 years Chef de Cuisine or Executive Chef experience in a fine dining high volume outlet
2. Culinary Degree and strong knife skills required
3. Demonstrated strong leadership and teamwork skills and abilities
4. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
5. French cooking cuisine skill sets preferred
6. Strong administrative skills sets (payroll, ordering, reports)
7. Advanced computer skills (excel, word, payroll, etc) required
FIG & OLIVE is an EEO employer