Busperson/Server Assistant (Front Waiter)
Be an integral part of one of the most popular restaurants in Center City Philadelphia, Bank & Bourbon. Designed by nationally recognized design firm Meyer Davis and housed in the iconic PSFS Building, Bank & Bourbon promises to deliver one of the finest dining experiences in Philadelphia.
Provide friendly, responsive service to create a memorable dining experience for all of our guests. Each Front Waiters primary objective is to provide a flawless experience and ensure guest loyalty.
- Must be passionate about food, beverage and service
- Executes sequence of service and service standards as prescribed in Service Manual
- Performs all opening and closing side work as prescribed
- Passes Service and Food Certification to 90%
- Stocks and/or restocks all service stations as needed.
- Polishes silverware and glassware as needed
- Inform guests of menu though menu presentation when necessary.
- Clears, cleans and resets tables according to standards
- Performs water and bread service
- Refills coffee, tea and water for all guests
- Regularly articulates ingredients of dishes to guests tableside
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant/hotel functions and services accurately.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guest’s dining experience. Ensure guest satisfaction with the food, beverage and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Maintains daily inventory of FOH supplies, checks par levels, ensures mise en place is prepared and operational
- Requires basic computer skills
- Inspects and maintains daily cleanliness and organization of FOH Service Stations
- Informs management of any out of stock items
- Mark guests with proper silverware per course
- Assists in putting away requisition daily
- Handles guest requests promptly and efficiently
- Be part of a team. Work together and be attentive to each other’s needs during the course of the service.
- Completes any other duties as assigned
- Welcome and greet guests. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Notifies immediate supervisors promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly and helpful to guests, management and fellow team members
- Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with safety regulations and procedures
- Complies with hotel policies and rules
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must be guest service oriented
- Excellent hospitality skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Thorough knowledge of spirits, wine, beer and food.
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Experience: One+ years’ experience in upscale restaurant environment in equivalent role
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V