Much as the Head Chef drives the culinary output and aspirations of the kitchen, the Beverage Manager is the master mind behind the bar. Bank & Bourbon will offer a barrel-aging program, alongside classic cocktails and modern interpretations, an impressive collection of local and regional whiskeys, and a carefully-curated craft beer & wine list. We seek a leader who is highly motivated, creative and passionate about their craft, providing trend setting ideas and one-of-a-kind recipes for the bar’s hand-crafted cocktails, as well as driving our unique on-site barrel-aging program.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Thorough knowledge of alcoholic beverages, cocktail recipes, preparation methods, garnishes, glassware, utensils/equipment, and service; legal aspects of alcoholic beverage service (TIPS Certified or ability to obtain)
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend, and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of prior experience training, mentoring and developing a strong Bar and Lounge Team, with the ability to motivate and drive performance from a large, diverse staff.
- Experience in a high volume, upscale Bar/Lounge environment, or freestanding restaurant preferred.
- Strong leadership, strategic management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of spirits, wine, beer and mixology.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V