Location: CA - BC - Richmond
Be a part of the energy that people love.
Chop restaurants are full of servers, bartenders and cooks who work together to create a fantastic experience for guests. We're looking for energetic bartenders who value being part of a team in a face-paced environment. Things move quickly in a restaurant, which means every day is a new, fun challenge. If you'd like to connect with people over delicious food and drinks then we think you'd be a great fit.
Are you a positive, high energy individual looking to work with others who share your love of life and passion for hospitality? At Chop, we believe that a job shouldn't just be a place where you put in time, but rather a place where you love the time you spend. This is what makes us the Employer of Choice!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- To provide our guests and servers with beverages in an efficient and consistent manner, while maintaining a positive and cooperative attitude.
- This role varies depending on the level of business. When not busy, Bartenders will serve both food and beverages in the lounge in addition to providing beverages for servers.
- Accommodating and willing to go the extra mile for each of our guests
- Ability to build professional relationships with guests and create an air of familiarity.
- Prompt table greeting, running food to tables, quality checks.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our food and beverage menus.
- Table service for guests (taking orders, answering menu and beverage inquiries, explaining daily features, placing orders with kitchen.)
- Processing bills and taking payment.
- Handling guest concerns with the support of the management team.
- Must have serving it right certificate
- Flexible availability including days, evenings and weekends
- Must be guest service oriented, have excellent people skills with a positive and upbeat personality
- Learn and maintain knowledge of all beverages featured in our menus.
- General knowledge of standard cocktails and highballs.
- Provide full food and beverage service to guests seated at the bar.
- Prepare beverages promptly and accurately for servers and guests.
- Maintain cleanliness behind the bar.
EXPERIENCE & KEY ATTRIBUTES
- Ideally looking for a candidate who is open to working weekend days/some nights as well as scheduled serving shifts
- Attention to detail.
- Pride in style and personal appearance, well groomed.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Ability to organize and plan and re-prioritize
- Sales ability.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Product Knowledge.
- Ability to maintain sense of urgency and keep momentum.
- Desire to be part of a team and contribute as such.
- High level of self confidence.
- Have high problem solving, decision making, customer service, communication and sales skills
- Sincere desire to please others and do a great job
- Highly organized.
- Cost Control& Cash Handling Skills
- Minimum 1 year of high volume serving/bartending experience
We offer industry leading wages and tip out plus our teams enjoy perks & discounts to our other brands such as Sandman and Sutton hotels, Moxies, Shark Club and Denny's
Please note that Chop Steakhouse is unable to assist with any visa requirements. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada.