Location: CA - AB - Ellerslie
Our Banquet Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the banquet operation in the absence of the Banquet Manager. This includes, but it not limited to, administration, sales, BEO (Banquet Event Order) creation and operations leadership.
- Daily administrative duties.
- Facilities maintenance (lighting, temperature, atmosphere, washroom checks, cleanliness, basic repair & maintenance)
- Sales and account management (client follow-up, engaging new sales leads by answering questions and providing timely follow-up, creating new BEO's,etc)
- Excellent Customer Service (Meet & greet event facilitators, responding to phone and email inquiries, dealing with guest concerns during events and after, going above and beyond to make every guest feel special)
- Event Execution (includes all organization to prepare in advance for each event and ensuring excellent execution at time of event).
- Team Coaching (create motivational environment through contests, events, feedback and coaching).
- Ensuring quality control of all banquet aspects from food to equipment to facilities and teaching this to the banquet team.
- Writing staff schedules.
- Conducting monthly inventory.
- Organizing and placing pre-orders for upcoming events.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 1 year + experience of banquet event planning and execution.
- 1 year + experience in a restaurant management role responsible for a team of 5 or more staff.
- Sales experience an asset.
- Highly organized.
- Cheerful and friendly disposition.
- Excels at customer service and always endeavors to make guests and team members feel special.
- Able to work a flexible schedule with availability 7 days a week from 5am - 2am.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite an asset.
- Sound judgment and the ability to make effective decisions under pressure while maintaining a positive demeanor.