Are you Jack's material?
When you think of the perfect place for a career, do you think of:
A) Fun and fast paced
B) Room for advancement
C) Meeting new people
If you answered A, B, or C, you are just the kind of fun, ambitious, outgoing person we are looking for at Jack's.
At Jack's it's all about personality. Yes, we're all about a delicious menu and fantastic beverages, but more than that we own fun. Yep, our team is more than our co-workers, they're our peeps. Whatever role we hold in the restaurants, we are there for each other. Jack's is about being ourselves and having fun - and when we have fun our Guests have fun too. The point is if you're friendly, fun, and maybe a little crazy then you'll fit right in and the possibilities for your career are endless.
And we will prepare and support you for success in your role by putting you in an environment that has the highest of standards and with a team of people who share a positive attitude and winning mindset.
As an Assistant Kitchen Manager:
- Work alongside the Kitchen Manager to manage a kitchen that produces the highest standards in food quality, consistency, and efficiency.
- Develop your skills under the mentorship of the KM to effectively manage daily production goals as well as food, waste, inventory, and labour cost controls
- Order product, new stock and supplies
- Build and maintain a partnership with your team and Front of House staff
- Live and teach our Values and Promises
- Spread the enthusiasm and energy among all of our peeps!
As a member of the team, we get:
- To be a part of a corporate, not franchised, multi-branded Canadian organization that is growing, gaining momentum and is poised to win.
- To be part of an environment that is small enough for each person to have an impact, but large enough to have stability and structure.
To be successful, we look for the following:
- If you've had 1-3 years previous kitchen management/supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment we're interested.
- Culinary Red Seal designation and Smart Serve Certification are strong assets
- Communication is key, so you'll need to speak and write English well.
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of computers and learning new software
- Previous experience with scheduling, inventory, product cost and labour control considered an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Due to the number of applications received, only candidates selected for the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted. (Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered)
Service Inspired Restaurants (SIR Corp.) is a privately held Canadian corporation that owns and operates a portfolio of over 50 restaurants and is growing. We have a diverse portfolio of restaurants designed to appeal to a wide range of consumer tastes. SIR's Concept brands include: Jack Astor's Bar and Grill®, Alice Fazooli's®, Canyon Creek®, and Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar™. SIR also operates one-of-a-kind "Signature" brands in downtown Toronto, comprised of the upscale Reds®, Far Niente®/FOUR®/ Petit Four®, Loose Moose Tap & Grill® and Duke's Refresher™ + Bar. SIR also owns and operates a seasonal bakery, Abbey's Bakehouse™.