Are you Jack's material?
When you think of the perfect place for a career, do you think of:
A) Fun and fast paced
B) Room for advancement
C) Meeting new people
If you answered A, B, or C, you are just the kind of fun, ambitious, outgoing person we are looking for at Jack's. At Jacks it's all about personality. Yes, we're all about a delicious menu and fantastic beverages, but more than that we own fun. Yep, our team is more than our co-workers, they're our peeps. Whatever role we hold in the restaurants, we are there for each other. Jack's is about being ourselves and having fun - and when we have fun our Guests have fun too. The point is if you're friendly, fun, and maybe a little crazy then you'll fit right in and the possibilities for your career are endless.
And we will prepare and support you for success in your role by putting you in an environment that has the highest of standards and with a team of people who share a positive attitude and winning mindset.
As an Assistant General Manager we:
- Work alongside the General Manager to lead our peeps to provide the highest quality standards for food, a guest experience that is outstanding, and service that is memorable
- Develop leadership skills under the mentorship of the GM and in turn coach and lead our peeps to help to ensure they receive great training and support
- Learn and manage the financials, and work to achieve and exceed established goals
- Live and teach Jacks' Values and Promises
- Use strong time management skills and attention to detail to complete our jobs
- Spread the enthusiasm and energy among all of our peeps!
As a member of the team we get:
- To be a part of a corporate, not franchised, multi-branded Canadian organization that is growing, gaining momentum and is poised to win.
- To be part of an environment that is small enough for each person to have an impact, but large enough to have stability and structure.
To be successful, we look for the following:
- If you've had 2-4 years previous restaurant management experience in a comparable restaurant environment we're interested.
- Communication is key, so you'll need to speak and write English well.
- Comfortable using computers and learning new software.
- Have ability to manage our restaurants with a high level of attention to detail, hospitality and fun - winning mindset and enthusiastic personality
- You'll be managing sales goals, inventory, cash and other stuff that requires good math and analytical skills.
- Previous experience with scheduling, labour and product cost control, inventory
- Previous experience in developing a team considered an asset
- Smart Serve Certification
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and would like to learn more about the role and requirements please submit your resume.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Due to the number of applications received, only candidates selected for the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted. (Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered)
Service Inspired Restaurants (SIR Corp.) is a privately held Canadian corporation that owns and operates a portfolio of over 50 restaurants and is growing. We have a diverse portfolio of restaurants designed to appeal to a wide range of consumer tastes. SIR's Concept brands include: Jack Astor's Bar and Grill®, Alice Fazooli's®, Canyon Creek®, and Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar™. SIR also operates one-of-a-kind "Signature" brands in downtown Toronto, comprised of the upscale Reds®, Far Niente®/FOUR®/ Petit Four®, Loose Moose Tap & Grill® and Duke's Refresher™ + Bar. SIR also owns and operates a seasonal property, Abbey's Bakehouse®.