PLAN, ORGANIZE, DIRECT, AND COORDINATE EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE AND RESOURCES OF THE RESTAURANT FOR THE EFFICIENT,
WELL-PREPARED, AND PROFITABLE SERVICE OF FOOD AND BEVERAGES.
TASK AND DUTIES:
1. Maintain strong leadership and management skills working with a variety of employees at
different skills levels and varied backgrounds; maintain a professional team oriented staff.
2. Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
3. Supervise operation of bar to maximize profitability and ensure legal compliance with alcohol
and beverage laws and regulations.
4. Direct hiring, training, disciplining and scheduling of food service personnel to keep with
5. Set excellent customer service and work examples.
6. Work with Chef de Cuisine for efficient provisioning of supplies. Supervise portion control and
quantities of preparation to minimize waste. Perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high
quality of preparation and service.
7. Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen
and dining areas.
8. Ensure and maintain restaurant compliance with all health and safety regulations.
9. Work with other Management personal to plan marketing, advertising, and any special
10. Review and monitor, with accounting personnel, expenditures to ensure that they conform to
budget limitations. Work to improve performance.
11. Actively participates as a member of the Management team, including enforcement of
restaurant policies and procedures.
12. Actively monitor staffing levels to minimize cost and increase productivity.
13. Recommend staffing needs according to business levels.
14. Proactively manage labor costs and purchasing and utilization to maximize cost efficiencies.
15. Maintain and enforce proper time keeping policies and procedures consistent with wage and
16. Receives product, verifying invoices and freshness of merchandise.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Report: General Manager.
Supervise: Host, Server, Bartender, Runner, Busser.
Key relations: Guest, General Manager, Manager, Host, Support staff, Chef de Cuisine,
Sous Chef, Expediter.
1. Previous upscale restaurant management experience (3-5 years)
2. Demonstrated working knowledge of New York employment laws
3. Extensive customer service and resolution skill sets
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Working knowledge of Open Table and Micros
6. Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends and holidays
FIG & OLIVE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newport Beach, CA
FIG & OLIVE
Position Available: Immediately
Bonus Plan: Yes
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: Ability to participate in medical and dental plan
Management Position: Yes
Hiring Contact: Eloise Acevedo
Contact Title: Senior HR Manager