Title: Assistant Brand Manager - Jack Astor's
Position Type: Full Time
Service Inspired Restaurants (SIR Corp) has a great opportunity for an Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) for our Jack Astor's concept. This person will work closely with the Senior Brand Manager, the rest of the brand team and our LSM team from our Support Centre in Burlington, ON. The ABM will also work closely with our culinary team, operational leaders and external partners to execute with excellence. He or she must have strategic and creative thinking skills and a flair for doing things differently - but most importantly, love to roll up his/her sleeves and get into the tactics and execution. The primary objectives for the role are to support the Brand Manager in driving sales and guest count, driving awareness for our food quality, increase awareness, trial, intent to try/return, and key brand building measures through relevant and compelling creative programming that will continue to wow our guests.
The Assistant Brand Manager will report directly to the Jack Astor's Senior Brand Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing and executing local and National marketing programs and initiatives, from creative conception to execution, with a special focus on beverage
- National programming will follow our 52 week marketing calendar and include; Beverage menu launches, beverage ideation and input into all national programming, seasonal programs and Local Store Marketing.
- Developing the creative and media communication brief for new projects, setting up and running necessary beverage photoshoots and managing internal and external creative freelancers
- Working with key partners (creative and media agencies, printers and freelance designers) and with the internal team to implement and execute the resulting tactics and initiatives.
- Communicate marketing tactics and initiatives to the restaurants to ensure local store alignment.
- Assist the Brand Manager with the menu engineering, competitive reviews utilizing our menu monitor tools, trend analysis and having a keen interest in what the industry is up to!
- On-going competitive pricing analysis and management of the Jack Astor's menu pricing grid.
- Lead on beverage menus and implementation including; menu item names/descriptors, photos and menu design/layout.
- Lead the approval process with key internal stakeholders for pricing adjustments through to proofing and implementation.
- Develop restaurant and operations testing, through surveys and help manage results and analytics
- Work with purchasing to get best possible deal for all marketing materials (sometimes sourcing bids/quotes), ensuring timely delivery to stores and/or distributors
- Responding and acting in a timely fashion on marketing issues received from cross functional teams and restaurants
- Work closely with SIR Corp's Social media/email/digital team on national campaigns to digital integration for all major campaigns
- Ensuring that all programming, branding and materials seen by our guests are consistent with brand guidelines
- University degree or college diploma required in business, marketing, communications preferred or in related field.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in Marketing and/or Advertising, in retail or packaged goods. Food services experience or agency experience is an asset, but is not required.
- Has reliable transportation
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strategic and creative thinking skills - and a flair for doing things differently.
- Strong verbal and written communication and demonstrated presentation skills.
- Experience in writing focused communications/creative briefs.
- Leadership qualities with ability to manage a divergent group of operators and senior management through influence and persuasion.
- Must be highly motivated, with great enthusiasm and a proven team player.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and display flexibility within a multi-task, fast paced work environment.
- Proven organization, planning, and problem solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate, respond to and lead change.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills, with and ability to multi-task several priorities.
- Flexibility, high-energy level, drive for results attitude, passion for beverage and Jack Astor's brand a must!
- Experience with developing and executing marketing promotions and in-store merchandising POP a definite asset
- Possesses the four core values that define our people at Service Inspired Restaurants
- Driven to be of service
- Being a steward and person of integrity
- Having high standards
- Having a winning mindset
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.