Working Chief Engineer
A Magnificent & Iconic Hill Country Resort
For a Texas-sized getaway with every diversion and amenity, there's no better destination than the Hill Country luxury resort of La Cantera.
Set atop one of the highest points in San Antonio, La Cantera Resort offers two golf courses, five swimming pools, eight unique dining venues and a renowned Health Club & Spa. Ample facilities handle meetings, events and weddings. Décor and design elements incorporate distinctive native textiles, artwork and color palettes, and there are sweeping vistas all around the resort. Nearby attractions include Six Flags Fiesta Texas, destination shopping, the beautiful Texas Wine Country and historic and romantic San Antonio.
This AAA Four Diamond-rated resort is an exception product with a great culture and team to grow your career with.
- Maintain the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Manage adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and material for the department
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations, such as fire alarms, and other life-safety situations
- Maintain a working knowledge of all federal, state, local laws, codes, and regulations
- Conducts walk-through and visually assesses the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the property, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and employee work areas
- Assure proper certification of all employee mechanics and technicians, as required
- Negotiate, prepare, and administer agreements and contracts with consultants and contractors
- Produce annual operating budget for payroll, expenses, utilities, and capital improvements
- Direct ADA compliance efforts of the property
- Minimum three years of leadership experience in the facilities management of related properties or other comparable business
- Proven track record in managing an efficient work force focusing on preventative maintenance of the asset's public areas, guestrooms, and physical property
- Experience in organizing, implementing, and maintaining a preventative maintenance tracking system and work order system
- Experience in coordinating and managing hospitality capital improvement projects (i.e. public areas and guestrooms renovations, FF&E repair and reupholstering, FF&E procurement, site and building maintenance and upgrades)
- A firm understanding of Federal, State and local codes as they apply to these fields
- Must have extensive working knowledge of building systems to include but not limited to; HVAC, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, roofs, building finishes, mechanical operations, energy management and Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Strong mathematical skills to complete reports, financial statements and forecasting.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License