Wine Program Intern
The Mark Restaurant
Location: US - NY - New York
The Wine Program Intern will maintain high standards of quality and service while maximizing profits. TheWine Program Intern will report directly to the Chef Sommelier and the Director of Food & Beverage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Chef Sommelier in ordering and receiving of beverage, wine, and bar materials
- Opportunity to learn and assist in maintaining budgeted spending for a large scale hotel beverage program
- Assist beverage team in organizing wines and beverage storage.
- Reprint wine and bar lists as needed
- Opportunity to work in the restaurant during service with an emphasis on beverage sales
- Maintain and gain thorough knowledge of all wine, saké, beer, spirits, specialty cocktails, teas, sodas and all non-alcoholic beverages.
• Oversee maintenance/cleanliness of all storage areas pertaining to beverage
• Additional duties may be added as deemed necessary by the Chef Sommelier.
•Attend all food and beverage training classes
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
• Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays
• Be a self-motivator and motivator of others
• Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
• Have a basic knowledge of food and beverage
• Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
• Have excellent communication and organization skills
• Maintain a clean and healthy personal hygiene and grooming
Rate of Pay:
- hourly rate/part-time or full time available