Bar and Beverage Manager
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
F&B - Beverage/Sommelier
Motif SeattleMotif Seattle is located in the heart of downtown, surrounded by the finest restaurants, shopping, entertainment venues, museums and attractions. You just can't get any closer to the high-energy vibe of Seattle. Managed by Two Roads Hospitality, we promise to deliver a distinctly different, yet genuinely Seattle hotel experience, highlighted by vibrant service and inviting spaces that are individually crafted. Our staff is engaged and here to serve our Guests. The hotel's restaurant, Frolik Kitchen + Cocktails, has become a "local favorite". Located on the fifth floor of the hotel, Frolik boasts the city's largest outdoor deck, with games such as shuffleboard and Ping Pong. It is a truly stylish and energetic experience to socialize and enjoy delicious, fresh and local cuisine, and vibrantly crafted drinks. Working in the hottest downtown Seattle hotel is the right choice for you! We are a vibrant team that values work life balance, acts with the highest ethical standards and develops lasting relationships. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewThe Beverage Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of the Wine and Spirit program, in accordance with hotel standards. Directs implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff. Responsible for Hotel beverage program encompassing Frolik Kitchen + Cocktail and Banquets operations, including staff training and product consistency.Essential Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Know all specialty cocktail ingredients and garnishes.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Level one Sommelier certification. (Required)
- Extensive knowledge of spirit mixology.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate, some college.
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve/prepare alcoholic beverages.
- 5 years’ experience as a Food and Beverage Manager/ Assistant Manager /Supervisor, preferably in a Hotel Setting or Free Standing Independent restaurant operation
- Prior experience with beverage inventory.
- Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.