Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week. Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
The Westin Experience Specialist serves as a point of contact for a subset of guests. The target audience is defined as Platinum and Gold SPG members that have not yet achieved enough stays to qualify for assignment of a personal SPG Ambassador.
The Westin Experience Specialist is responsible for building relationships with as many guests within this target audience as possible through email communication initiated prior to arrival.
Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsibilities are to understand the purpose of each stay, convey relevant brand content that reinforces our "For a better you" positioning.
- Offer alternate room types or ancillary services as available, capture and record information that our guests may not have provided during the reservation process.
- Adjusting resources to ensure requests are delivered, thoroughly going through the Master Arrivals Report to ensure that we have met SPG Preferences and have blocked rooms accordingly.
- Coordinate with the Front Office daily to ensure all arrivals go smoothly and as guest requested.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, take same day and future reservations. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure release of any Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or equivalent experience. Guest service, basic accounting, and familiarity with hospitality industry practices required Starwood experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Activities that will center on identification of strengths and weaknesses and the development of plans and strategies to ensure guest satisfaction.
- A genuine personal passion for wellness that connects guests to Westin's core values and brand positioning.
- Extremely strong aptitude for customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem resolution skills with an outgoing personality and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Efficient communication and detail oriented skills; ability to handle multiple tasks at once and follow-up whenever needed.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a pleasant personality and ability to exercise initiative. Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills to engage others without requiring direct authority.
- A strong spirit of collaboration. Willing to see others succeed and to share successes across diverse teams.
- Ability to solicit, organize and recall information about customers especially including their personal preferences and travel profile.
- Excellent decision making abilities. Ability to communicate via phone, email, text, instant message, fax and manage communications in cooperation with peers using proper business level language skills.
- Flexible schedule in order to meet demands of hotel occupancy.
- High level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Starguest, Light Speed and various social media platforms.
- Previous experience with customer service roles preferred.
- Ability to answers questions, and resolves guest requests in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.