Wellness Nurse LPN Part-Time, 11 - 7
Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - FL - Tavares
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, and Missouri, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Located on the banks of Lake Frances in Tavares, Osprey Lodge offers a retreat to an uplifting lifestyle in the rolling hills of central Florida. Designed with the rustic warmth of a Colorado lodge, we serve residents in the region surrounding Tavares, Mount Dora, Eustis, Leesburg, Lady Lake and Lake Mary.
More than simply a place to live, Osprey Lodge Assisted Living and Memory Care offers a remarkable lifestyle of comfort, warmth and care that our residents deserve. We invite you to discover the caring, engaging and uplifting way of life at Osprey Lodge.
The responsibility of the Wellness Nurse (WN) is to supervise delivery of care and services to residents. In achieving this goal, the WN performs procedures within the guidelines of all state and local regulations and accepted standards of care.
Ongoing communication between the WN, associates, the residents and their families, professional consultants and third party providers is critical to the welfare of the residents. The WN will work closely with the other departments of the Community and maintain good communications with those departments. The WN must keep in mind that maintaining excellent service, quality, high occupancy, effective communications, and high resident and associate satisfaction is always the goal of the Community.
In addition to assigning work to Care Staff, as necessary, the WN has the supervisory responsibility to promote compliance by the Care Staff with rules of conduct and other policies and procedures.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide daily supervision and leadership to assigned non-licensed associates and other designated personnel in meeting the resident's needs and monitor the condition of residents in AL. Demonstrate good decision-making skills.
- Make work assignments and meet with associates regularly to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of care and services.
- Participate in admission of new residents.
- Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living, family/social activities and actively promote independent life-style of residents.
- Respond to residents' call system promptly and courteously.
- Identify resident medical and behavioral changes; assist with the development of resident service plan with input for revisions as needed.
- Provide daily report to the Resident Services Director (RSD) and/or Assistant Resident Services Director (ARSD) (and/or Extended Congregate Care Supervisor (ECCS) in communities with ECC licensure) concerning AL environment, personnel performance, resident conditions, and needs for resident care supplies.
- Document in residents' records as indicated based on company policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide resident care according to health care provider's orders and in accordance with regulatory requirements, recognized nursing practice, established standards, and Company policy.
- Promote provision of preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative services to residents; assist in the coordination of nursing care with care rendered by other disciplines.
- Accurately administer prescribed medications, supervise the continuity of resident care, respond to changes in resident condition, medications or other circumstances requiring special care needs and perform first aid as required.
- Monitor resident health status and determine the appropriate nursing intervention. Have knowledge of the resident's individualized service plan.
- Orient residents and associates to emergency procedures; respond to all emergency situations.
- Complete and sign incident reports, assist with investigation as indicated, and provide follow-up as required.
- Verify that all resident records are accurate, complete and all mandatory forms are on file. Through familiarity and application of Community policies and procedures, verify that resident care is practiced in full accordance with regulatory requirements, Community quality standards, and resident rights.
- May assist in development and presentation of in-service training. May serve on committees, as requested.
- Provide services and interactions throughout the Community which delight residents, prospects, and the greater community with inspired experiences which result in referrals and high occupancy.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as required by Company policy and the RSD, including professional development required to maintain professional licensure.
- Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function within the scope of services authorized or a change in resident's status, condition and/or behavior. Discuss with appropriate associates and the RSD (and/or ECCS where appropriate) in order to take appropriate steps to address the resident's needs following Company policies and procedures.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the appropriate uniform and name tag when on duty, and coach assigned associates to meet this same standard.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the RSD and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, associate or Community information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Licensed Practical Nurse in good standing with the state licensing agency, as required by state regulations.
- CPR/AED certified.
- Must have at least one year of experience working as an LPN in a senior care setting.
- Understanding of and comfort with computerized resident documentation a plus.
- Must have good reading comprehension, able to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, government regulations, and technical procedures. Must be able to effectively present information both written and verbally, responding to questions from associates, residents, family members, medical professionals, and the general public.
- Must have a positive Criminal Background Screening.
- Must pass a physical having no signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an annual basis where required.
Allegro Senior Living offers a wide variety of competitive benefit options to meet the needs of each associate.
Allegro is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.(ref. 29279)