Westmont Hospitality Group was founded in 1975. What started with a single hotel in North America, has grown to become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world.
Throughout the years, Westmont has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1,100 hotels. Currently this stands at over 400 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western. Westmont has a very diversified portfolio ranging from budget and aparthotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Our team members are our most valued resource. Their expertise is what drives our future success.
If you are skilled in the hospitality industry and seek a stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, teamwork and personal development, contact us today. We reward our employees with the benefits and opportunities you'd expect from an industry leader.
The Westin Mount Laurel Hotel is seeking a Wedding and Event Concierge who would be responsible for the efficient and professional coordination of all weddings & catered events after contracted by Catering Sales. This position is responsible for preparing all event documentation and will coordinate with the Director of Catering, hotel departments, and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post event phases of hotel events. Ensures all hotel events have a seamless turnover from sales. Establishes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Plan, organize, and manage the in house details for all weddings and social catered events (i.e. VIP guest rooms, menus, set-up, etc.) Participate in negotiating meetings/functions, rooms, rates and all related requirements. Ensure maximization of room and meeting space, revenues, and profits while delivering a quality product. Report and critique all activities to the Director of Catering. Enliven the Westmont Standards within the Department and the hotel. Support all Corporate and hotel initiatives as needed.
Plan, upsell and detail the program with the client including; verification and modification of space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc.Prepare the appropriate resumes, BEO’s and related paperwork to ensure quality service.
Monitor events to ensure all attendees receive commitments made in the hotels’ agreements
Manage function details and related activities to ensure that program requirements are satisfied.Anticipate and handle customer complaints and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery, customer satisfaction and repeat business.
Improve hotel services' products through; (a) the development of new sales tools, menus, themes, and decorations, (b) the analysis of the strengths and weakness of our competitions product, and (c) analysis, understanding, and satisfaction of our customers needs.
Monitor and control individual event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
* Strong sales prospecting and closing skills. Excellent negotiating skills and good time management abilities.
* Ability to effectively network and market our property.
* Along with excellent customer service skills and strong interpersonal communications, the ability to communicate effectively and to work both independently and as part of the team is essential.
* Assist in the development and implementation of themed parties, props, special event parties, holiday parties and create and update menus as needed working with operations and sales.
* 2-3 years of Catering or Convention Services experience in the hotel industry preferred with a focus on social events and proven track record of sales success.
* Proven/active involvement in the community prior to hiring.
* Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school. College degree preferred.
* High level of creativity, enthusiasm and flexibility.
* Experience with Microsoft Office & Outlook
* Organizational skills and attention to detail a must.