Westmont Hospitality Group was founded in 1975. What started with a single hotel in North America, has grown to become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world.
Throughout the years, Westmont has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1,100 hotels. Currently this stands at over 400 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western. Westmont has a very diversified portfolio ranging from budget and aparthotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Our team members are our most valued resource. Their expertise is what drives our future success.
If you are skilled in the hospitality industry and seek a stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, teamwork and personal development, contact us today. We reward our employees with the benefits and opportunities you'd expect from an industry leader.
The Newly renovated Westin Mount Laurel, the premier corporate and social hotel in the South Jersey market, is currently seeking dynamic individuals to join our outstanding team as a Wedding and Events Concierge.
We are currently seeking reliable, qualified candidates for the position of Wedding and Event Concierge to assist with meeting and exceeding the Westin standards and offer exceptional service to our guests. Candidates must represent the hotel in a professional, well groomed, and courteous manner.
* Meet with or call individual corporate and other designated market segments via telephone to solicit business.
* Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours and promote facilities and services.
* Meet and exceed all assigned revenue goals.
* Attend various industry and networking events, community, social and business events. Telemarketing, advertising and contacting client base.
* Develop client menus, write contracts and letters, as well as organize other arrangements as they relate to social events and other type functions.
* Respond to individual guest needs, inquiries and/or complaints as they occur.
* Adhere and support hotel and corporate policy and procedures.
* Strong sales prospecting and closing skills. Excellent negotiating skills and good time management abilities.
* Ability to effectively network and market our property.
* Along with excellent customer service skills and strong interpersonal communications, the ability to communicate effectively and to work both independently and as part of the team is essential.
* Assist in the development and implementation of themed parties, props, special event parties, holiday parties and create and update menus as needed working with operations and sales.
* 2-3 years of Catering or Convention Services experience in the hotel industry preferred with a focus on social events and proven track record of sales success.
* Proven/active involvement in the community prior to hiring.
* Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school. College degree preferred.
* High level of creativity, enthusiasm and flexibility.
* Experience with Microsoft Office & Outlook
* Organizational skills and attention to detail a must.