Waterpark Maintenance Manager
Great Wolf Lodge - Kansas City
Location: US - KS - Kansas City
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Management of Pack Members:
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and maintaining Pack Members within the department.
- Supervises Pack Members providing positive feedback and coaching for improvement. Completes documentation for Pack Member counseling and annual reviews. Seeks approval of these documents from the Director of Engineering.
- Develops and assigns work schedules for the Water Park Technicians. Schedules should be posted at least 2 weeks in advance. Seeks approval of the schedule from the Director of Engineering. Avoids scheduling overtime.
- Plans and directs Water Park Technicians to meet the daily needs of the water park operation. Inspects the work of staff for quality and completeness.
- Ensures that productivity meets guest and company expectations.
- Manages staff in accordance with Great Wolf Lodge Traditions and good faith business practices.
- Works positively and cooperatively within a team to accomplish long-term projects and day-by-day assignments.
- Works to maintain an efficient, cooperative atmosphere among Pack Members.
- Management of Operations:
- Maintains water & air quality and maintenance records to Great Wolf Resorts corporate standards, industry standards, and compliance with local and regional health codes. oMaintains air quality to industry standards and compliance with OSHA, ASHRAE, and any applicable code requirements.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly inspections of the water park and attractions in accordance with manufacturer guidelines, local and state codes, and Great Wolf Lodge Traditions.
- Plans and implements a preventive maintenance program. Performs equipment preventive maintenance and maintains required records as noted in the Preventative Maintenance Manual and Checklists.
- Plans and completes successful annual shutdowns by coordinating with the Aquatics Director, Director of Engineering, Lodge General Manager, and associated contractors.
- Completes documentation to include but is not limited to: Opening/Closing checklists, work orders, human resources paperwork, etc.
- Maintain and repair a variety of tools and equipment.
- Read and interpret plans, blueprints, and specifications.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies for the water park that can fulfill the needs of the operation. Avoids last minute orders.
- Management of Finances:
- Follows guidance for the organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize expenses and increase efficiency.
- Obtains estimates for supplies and repair parts, orders as needed.
- Avoids overtime in scheduling and in general operations.
- Assists Director of Engineering in managing labor, forecasting, and inventory processes for their area of responsibility.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Management of Guest Experience:
- Projects a positive public relations image to Pack Members and guests.
- Assists the Director of Engineering in reviewing Market Metrix comments to follow up with any necessary actions for their area of responsibility.
- Ensures waterpark public areas are maintained to promote a positive guest experience.
- Trains Pack Members to achieve positive guest interactions. Reinforces these behaviors daily.
- Management of Assets and Physical Facility:
- Maintains a clean, safe, well-marked equipment room in accordance with OSHA guidelines.
- Maintains filtration and circulation equipment in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
- Notifies the Director of Engineering and, as necessary, the Corporate Director of Engineering regarding design/operational issues that need resolution to maintain the water park.
- Management of Safety Processes and Procedures:
- Be knowledgeable and have the ability to train others in proper chemical handling procedures.
- Perform tasks efficiently and in compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- Uses and reinforces safe chemical handling in addition to following and adhering to MSDS practices and procedures as outlined by GWR standards, OSHA, EPA, Green Seal, and Federal, State, and Local laws. Follows and reinforces procedures concerning protection against blood borne pathogens.
- Adheres to and enforces safety procedures whenever bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, or using tools and equipment.
- Understands pool chemistry and general pool maintenance practices.
- Completes and maintains certification training in Aquatic Facility Operator and/or Certified Pool Operator programs.
- Interfaces with local Health Department and other agencies as required. Maintains positive working relationships with their representatives.
- Exhibits the ability to motivate diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcome challenges. Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve success beyond expectations. Demonstrates ability to successfully manage people to achieve performance goals.
- Excellent people management skills including conflict resolution, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Develops detailed, realistic, and comprehensive plans that support organizational objectives.
- Effectively allocates resources and time across groups or departments.
- Takes an exhaustive approach to every task.
- Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning, and implementation of every work effort.
- Ability to analyze information and arrive at a decision.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities/projects, to develop business relationships, and meet deadlines.
* Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in business or engineering, or a field closely related to facilities management.
* Three or more years of water park maintenance or related field experience.
* Certificate holder of Aquatic Facility Operator and/or Certified Pool Operator.
* Working knowledge of chemicals, tools, equipment, and supplies used in providing comprehensive building/water park maintenance services.
* Must work late nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Must demonstrate excellent written, oral, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Communicate clearly and concisely.
* Must demonstrate basic math skills needed to conduct calculations related to the field.
* Must be able to create and maintain documents with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* Will use industrial grade equipment and machines.
* Maintain/repair plumbing, pumps, HVAC, filtration systems, machinery and electrical circuitry.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contracted to complete work.
* Knowledge of entertainment or amusement industries beneficial.
* Must meet physical requirements as outlined below.
* Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; perform the following repetitive duties: bend from the waist, twist upper body from side to side, reach arms above head, lift and/or carry at least 50 lbs. and move up to 150 lbs.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate specialized hand and power tools and equipment; operate assigned equipment and vehicles; verbally communicate to exchange information.
* Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents; and to operate assigned equipment.
* Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.