Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewUnder direction of the Purchasing Director, the Warehouse Manager will manage all activities related to the warehousing operations, ensuring the Company objectives for efficiency, economy, quality and productivity are met or exceeded. Manages assigned staff, including involvement in the recruitment and selection process of new employees. Assigning duties, providing training and development, evaluating performance, and building a motivated, effective team to ensure the organizational goals for career development, productivity, performance management and employee involvement are met.
- Plans, implements and monitors the day-to-day operations for the warehousing function, including analyzing operating data and reports, determining manpower needs and monitoring adherence to standards to ensure business plan objectives are met or exceeded.
- Estimate, forecast and anticipate inventory and distribution requirements, trends and variances, budgeting resources, developing action plans while measuring and analyzing results
The Warehouse Manager will continually exemplify the attributes of the property leadership commensurate with the property and company culture through professional, hands on, open-door style of leadership. In addition, provides sincere service through actions that display self-confidence, grace and courtesy to guests and colleagues.
- Utilize property approved purchasing / inventory control software for stock levels based on pars, fulfillment of requisitions, receipt and distribution of goods.
- Responsible for ensuring that performance measures are achieved and communicate accordingly when required inventory levels are not met
- Optimize, plan, manage and control the budget for logistics and warehousing lead for a diverse workforce in a 24 hour/7 day per week operation
- Periodically audits operational procedures and programs related to shipping and receiving and implements necessary improvements to achieve expectations for availability, storage, sanitation and security of inventory
- Responsible for directing the inventory control as to out-of-stocks, receiving errors, selection errors, and warehouse slotting of products
- Managing the efficient loading and unloading of trucks, work safety management and training, and federal/state/local regulatory compliance
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and or requisitions for replacement
- Responsible for the progressive disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; ensures a productive labor climate in the warehouse operation Regulatory policies and procedures, including OSHA, HACCP, and DOT
Forklift and pallet jacks
- Ensure/prepare all requested or assigned reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain a safe working environment, ensuring compliance with sanitary procedures
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring procedures and protocols
- Direct department staff to ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved or exceeded
- All other duties as assigned
Administration and Financial Controls
- Implements and enforces all control procedures for hotel goods entering through the purchasing / receiving areas.
- Demonstrates knowledge of budgets, inventory forecasts and inventory accuracy reports to maintain financial management of the department.
- Manages department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals
- Ensures accurate administration of paperwork as it pertains to receipt of goods, outlet distribution and product order guides
- Establish and nurture vendor partnerships as they pertain deliveries and product discrepancies
- Use effective and professional communication to ensure that the department functions properly and associates interface with one another for effective execution in planning and operations.
- Demonstrate a customer driven style of leadership with a sense of urgency in interactions, execution and recovery.
- Ensure that all current and future SOPs relating to the Purchasing / Receiving department are understood and all related parties trained to perform to such standards.
- Consistently and effectively model the mission statement and core values of the property at all times.
- Serve as a role model, trainer/coach and mentor to provide continuing education to others. Act as an ambassador of the property/company at all times
- 3 years of hospitality warehousing experience in a managerial capacity
- Broad knowledge of Food and Beverage material handling, warehouse and receiving operations and inventory management systems
- Safety Management, Managing Processes, Inventory Control, Analyzing Information, Professional Judgment, Supervision, Reporting Skills
Skills and Abilities:
- College level math, written, and verbal skills; intermediate proficiency with Excel and MS Office,
- Service oriented with a sense of urgency and ownership, problem solving skills, organized, proficient in training, team building and leadership
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Time management skills
Tools and Equipment:
- Fork lift certification; 2-way radio, fax machine, calculator, typewriter, PC, other office equipment.
- No. of employees supervised:
- +/-6 employees (open to change with levels of business)
- Travel required:
- Moderate travel locally for educational purposes to maintain up to date industry standards
- Hours required:
- Full-time, scheduled days may vary based on need.