La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.Job Description
Ensure guests are welcomed to the restaurant from the time they walk through the door until the time they depart. Greet guests in a friendly, polite manner, be prompt and reliable and help your co-workers whenever possible.Responsibilities
- Telephone etiquette. Be polite, confident and able to help the guest with any request or know where to direct them.
- Take reservations using good judgement and precise timing.
- Acknowledge guests immediately as they walk through the door. Ask their name and room number when applicable. Always refer to them by name.
- Seat guests, ladies first. Advise the server of any special requests. Tell the server the name and seat number of the host.
- Keep the pace of the floor at a level that ensures excellent service by limiting covers.
- Bid the guest a friendly farewell. Remember to use their name whenever possible.
- Note any guest comments. If there is a complaint, notify a manager immediately. If there is a positive comment, log in comment book.
- Knowledge of daily function sheet, in-house VIP's, current activities, hours of operation throughout the hotel, etc.
- Be aware of menu items, specials of the evening and how they're prepared. General knowledge of our available wines.
- Check the restaurant for cleanliness. Report maintenance problems to the maintenance department and poor table appearance to servers and/or bussers.
- Assist Manager with revisions and typing of wine list.
- Assign wait & buss staff stations.
- Create flower order weekly based on private party and function requests.
- Fax menus to guests from inquiries. Process special guest requests, i.e. birthday cakes, dietary needs, and anniversaries.
- Recap cover count nightly.
- Experience in a front line position directly dealing with people.
- Must be well groomed and have a friendly and outgoing personality.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.