At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
The position is responsible for overseeing the operations of all food and beverage departments at each property, attaining the highest standards and efficiency. Provide strategic leadership, guidance and direction on Food & Beverage concepts, initiatives and operational decisions. We are seeking someone that has exceptional abilities in teambuilding and the skills to develop people to the height of their ability. Lead the operation of customer, employee and vendor experience, innovate concepts and insure baseline programs are in place. . An engaged operations leader with a hands-on style that reinforces our company objectives adding to our reputation of best in class.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- 4-star hotel/independent hotel/resort company experience
- Multi property experience (regional or home office)
- Culinary and front of the house experience
- Free standing restaurant and bar experience
- Concept development and implementation experience
- Understanding of conference dining
- Sales acumen, ability to sell ideas and concepts
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Maintaining the highest food and beverage standards at every location.
- Consistently upgrading food quality, beverage service, product and presentation.
- Focusing toward increasing all food and beverage revenue streams Insuring competitive pricing is completed and pushing the market - not following.
- Focus on educating the F&B teams and fully understanding current trends Identify high potential F & B individuals within the company, and outside the company to fill future needs.
- Monitor the development of these individuals, and retain the best talent in our company. Collaborating with home office HR and property Directors of F & B and Chefs on food and beverage and culinary training.
- Insuring that property staffing levels, payroll, food cost, and beverage cost controls are in place and appropriate to maximize profit and expected service levels.
- Coordinate activities by outside consultants when necessary Supervising the food and beverage field staff support function Insuring competitive pricing is completed and pushing the market - not following.
- Develop new restaurant and bar concepts for new openings and renovations. Actively participate in new property development working with the Vice Presidents to add value to our underwriting and sales presentation.
- Strong collaboration with Operations Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents and General Managers.
- Build a strong and loyal following from each property along with the home office team. Be creative, pushing property teams to try new ideas and take calculated risks for overall improvement.
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner‐advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply‐rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory‐making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive “Be The Difference” culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com