A Magnificent & Iconic Hill Country Resort
For a Texas-sized getaway with every diversion and amenity, there's no better destination than the Hill Country luxury resort of La Cantera.
Set atop one of the highest points in San Antonio, La Cantera Resort offers two golf courses, five swimming pools, eight unique dining venues and a renowned Health Club & Spa. Ample facilities handle meetings, events and weddings. Décor and design elements incorporate distinctive native textiles, artwork and color palettes, and there are sweeping vistas all around the resort. Nearby attractions include Six Flags Fiesta Texas, destination shopping, the beautiful Texas Wine Country and historic and romantic San Antonio.
This AAA Four Diamond-rated resort is an exception product with a great culture and team to grow your career with.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact, coordinate and communicate through daily pre-shift meetings with all team members of high guest impact areas (i.e. reservations, guest services, housekeeping, etc.) to ensure a smooth arrival through departure experience for all guests
- Be an expert and demonstrate knowledge of: all hotel features/services, hours of operations, room types, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures, room availability status, scheduled in-house group activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries promptly and accurately
- Champion, promote and successfully track departmental and organizational initiatives e.g. upsell programs, Destination Delivers Program, etc.
- Ensure front desk agents properly complete required checklist items at the end of each shift
- Maintain and successfully execute departmental and hotel policies (to include but not limited to relocation procedures, safe deposit box procedures, auditing accuracy of cards with proper signatures, key control procedures, accurate billing, cashiering, safety, lost/found policy, etc.)
- Instills a calm, organized approach when interacting in stressful situations
- Approach internal and external guest opportunities with a sense of heartfelt care and urgency; provide prompt follow-up to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and follow proper protocol to secure and protect pertinent hotel data
- Foster and maintain strong, positive relationships with team members across all departments through communication and regular face-to-face interaction
- Assist management to recruit, hire, train and successfully support and manage the talent of all new and existing team members
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience in a high volume setting preferred
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and property management systems highly desirable
- Previous food and beverage supervisory experience required
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Must be able to lead and supervise the outlets team
- Must able to enforce high standards of hygiene and sanitation
- Must be able to communicate all pertinent information to the outlets team
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
- Demonstrate ability to compute basic arithmetic
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules