Vice President, Resident Services (VP Health and Wellness) RN - Based in Fl
Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - FL - Orlando
Position may be based anywhere in Florida.
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, and Georgia, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
The primary responsibility of the Vice President Resident Services (VPRS) is to support the Resident Services Directors (RSDs) to ensure company-wide consistent standards of quality care and nursing services, regulatory compliance and optimized service revenues. Support of Communities healthcare services must be in strict accordance with Company policies and procedures, with an emphasis on effective and efficient realization of the Company's and Owner's goals.
Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with Corporate and Community level associates to promote excellent service, high occupancy, optimal revenue for services performed, and high resident and associate satisfaction.
- Develop, implement and monitor standards and procedures for clinical care practices throughout the Company.
- Promote a safe environment for all residents, visitors and associates of the Communities regarding infection control, life safety and sanitation.
- Conduct routine inspections of services being provided to residents to promote the delivery of the highest quality services.
- Perform regular assessment audits at each community to confirm accurate and timely performance of assessments, documentation that reflects the needs of the residents and correct billing of services provided.
- Promote resident satisfaction levels at, or above, Company requirements.
- Develop positive relationships with state and local regulators, the local community, families and residents on behalf of the Community and the Company.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal, state and local regulations, and confirm total compliance with all regulations and requirements.
- Strive to attain 100% compliance in all surveys conducted by the licensing authority, including conducting "mock survey" inspections (at least bi-annually at each Community in advance of each community's "survey window.
- Assist in generating services help desk metrics and services help desk effectiveness. Monitor same for re-occurring issues, and take a proactive approach to find long-term solutions.
- Assist, as requested, in Task Force/SWAT support during new talent search, and onboarding and/or orientation of newly hired associates.
- Assist in the coordination of services to support continued high quality of care in the absence of RSDs or other nursing staff.
- Assist with the preparation of annual operating budgets for Owners approvals; plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the Communities resident services fiscal functions.
- Assure operation of Communities resident services is within the approved operating and capital budgets through use of purchase order system and budget control procedures, in collaboration with the Senior Vice President Support Services (SVPSS) and President/Director of Operations (PDO).
- Participate in the development of the Company's goals, plans and programs, including the development of policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and advise on the use of technology to advance high quality, efficient delivery of care.
- Utilize and maintain proficiency of company electronic platforms related to resident care.
- Monitor billing for care services and take appropriate steps to ensure profitability of the Communities and Company.
- Assist Executive Directors (EDs) with recruiting, hiring, and training of Community as well as motivating, supporting and evaluating Community care staff.
- Evaluate the team plan for continual improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the Community RSDs, and provide individuals with professional and personal growth, with emphasis on opportunities for individuals (where possible).
- Provide and assist with development of training programs for associates on topics such as emergencies, elopement, risk management, HIPAA and clinical procedures, to promote meeting all federal, state and local requirements and the delivery of high-quality care.
- Communicate with RSDs and EDs on resident services issues, provide appropriate feedback and recommend action to correct issues as needed.
- Serve as a Company liaison with residents, families and Community associates.
- Review operational reports and respond as needed.
- Provide assigned management reports to keep the Executive Management Team and Owners informed of pending issues.
- Actively participate in Community outreach programs planned by the Company.
- Assist with the transition of the Company's newly built or acquired communities.
- Provide services and interactions throughout the Community which delight residents, prospects, and the greater community with inspired experiences which result in referrals and high occupancy.
- Must know and follow all guidelines in the Vehicles policy (Risk Management).
- Participate in career building seminars specific to the Assisted Living and Memory Care industry to enhance personal knowledge for improved work performance results.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the SVPSS.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming to reflect leadership and integrity, which include wearing appropriate business attire and name tag when in a Community.
- Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function independently or a change in residents behavior.Â Report all signs following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the ED as discovered.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residents rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, associate, Community, Company and Owner information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment):
- Able to work full-time, with some weekend and evening work.
- Availability by phone or pager 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Extensive travel required.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. State specific guidelines may apply.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current licensure in good standing as a registered nurse (R.N.) Â
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training in Independent Living (IL), Assisted Living (AL), Memory Care (MC), and/or Long-Term Care (LTC) management, demonstrating progressively more responsibilities.
- Experience as a supervisor of multiple AL, MC, LTC and/or IL communities required.
- Assisted Living Certification as required by state law; Skilled Nursing Facilit y Administrator license a plus.
- Minimum of four-year college degree or equivalent.
- Certified Dementia Care Practitioner preferred. Must also be willing to obtain state mandated ALZ certifications within 6 months of employment.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, CPR/AED certification.
- Must possess strong financial skills and knowledge of financial and budget reports.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, to include attention to detail, time management, prioritizing, initiative, de