IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewThe Vice President of Openings and Transitions will directly oversee all new Hotel and Restaurant, Openings, and Hotel and Restaurant Transitions. This individual will coordinate all pre-opening operation activities to include, but not limited to all pre-opening check lists: General Manager's, Finance, Sales, Marketing and Distribution, IT, Restaurant, Bars, Nightlife & Events, People Services and Engineering.
- Coordination of all Pre-Opening/Transitions Play Books
- Creation of all Pre-Opening budgets, for all departments along w/Director of Finance, Opening and Transitions
- Attend Pro Forma Committee Meetings w/Acquisitions & Development Department
- Assist Technical Services/Design Department with back of house programming
- Assist Design Department with Model Room Reviews
- Understand and protect all brand standards for all hotel brands. (See Brands Below)
- Assist individual pre-opening properties with the hiring timeline of all key members of the Executive Committee
- Minimum 3-5 years of General Manager/Managing Director in both resort and urban properties
- Minimum 2 years of multi-unit responsibilities - as a Regional Director or VP of Operations for both urban properties and resorts.
- Experience with several hotel/restaurant openings and/or transitions.