BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and executing long-term, leisure, real estate and hotel management contracts by developing business relationships with potential owners and partners, leading all aspects of the development process.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Real Estate, Hotel Administration or Business Administration. MBA a plus.
- Ten years real estate development or hotel industry experience with at least five years of hotel development or related experience.
- Ability to understand the value of the deal based on: the financials analysis, owner creditworthiness and Benchmark’s needs.
- A sense of urgency as to the pursuit of the deal. This should be coupled with a strong eye for detail to ensure that all potential issues are identified and resolved before proceeding to the next level of the potential deal.
- Ability to grow, maintain and further develop relationships in local hotel investment and development sector.
- Identifies and pursues new business opportunities and coordinates the review, negotiation and finalization of new management contracts for Benchmark.
- Identify and assess potential owners, investors and developers as potential clients, as well as analyze branding opportunities.
- Review and analyze potential hotel conversions and new build opportunities, for integration into Benchmark.
- Work with our internal development and operations team to coordinate all phases of the process, including presentations, site inspections, market feasibility studies and pro forma projections, valuations, and leads negotiations of management agreements.
- As needed, assist owners and developers to identify sources of financing for hotel acquisition or construction.
- Evaluate investment opportunities necessary to secure management contracts including key money analysis, mezzanine financing and corporate guaranty agreements.
- Presents Benchmark’s capabilities to prospective owners, developers and investors by making on-site visits to the client and by hosting visits to the Home Office.
- Acts as a liaison for operations until opening to ensure smooth entry into Benchmark systems.
- Ensures that potential agreements meet brand standards and requirements by evaluating proposals and making appropriate recommendations.
- Secures information on financial capabilities and limitations of owners.
- Evaluates properties based on potential financial return, quality of operations and location.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
ENVIRONMENT: Office setting, with overhead lighting and comfortable ventilation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.apply now