Vice President Development and Acquisitions
Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - MO - St. Louis
Allegro Senior Living specializes in the development and management of luxury retirement communities. Allegro Senior Living brings over 40 years of experience to its role of providing a vibrant lifestyle for seniors who want and deserve more. We create and sustain distinctive communities, each a unique reflection of the surrounding neighborhood and the discerning seniors who choose to make Allegro their home. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, and Georgia, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
The Vice President, Development and Acquisitions will be responsible for supporting all facets of the development cycle including assisting in site / market selection, due diligence, entitlements, reviewing plans, design work, budgeting and financial analysis. Responsibilities will commence at initial site selection and last through the design process. This individual will be the development manager responsible for oversight of engineers, architects and other consultants, budgeting, contract administration, scheduling, and coordination with operations. This position will be 50% office based, 50% in the field.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support SVP Development and Acquisitions with land acquisition and sale transactions including due diligence support, entitlement processes and closings.
- Assist in the site and market selection/qualification process for new development.
- Perform competitive analysis of new markets including on-site visits to assess rates, occupancies and overall quality. Contact local municipalities surrounding a potential development site to identify any potential competition in the planning stages.
- Research local zoning codes to identify existing development requirements and restrictions and identify the rezoning process if required.
- Oversee site entitlement and due diligence effort for multiple new construction projects across Allegro's portfolio of Senior Living Communities.
- Participate in project scoping, prepare and track progress of development proformas and budgets, overall project timeline and schedule.
- Provide support in the preparation of project proposals, materials and initial approval materials.
- Manage all aspects of the due diligence process including but not limited to feasibility studies, geotechnical evaluations, environmental assessments and surveys.
- Obtain corporate project approvals.
- Manage all dates within a project to ensure the project progresses as anticipated including but not limited to critical dates within development agreements, leases, purchase agreements, permitting and construction.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Manage network of engineers, architects and other consultants in guiding each project through its governmental approvals process to obtain all permits/approvals required for a project.
- Manage design consultants in engineering a project within the parameters of the approved site plan, budget, owner criteria and local codes.
- Coordinate and support the construction hand-off to the Construction Project Coordinator.
- Effectively communicate project status to all project participants and stakeholders throughout the project to ensure critical components are not missed and risks are identified.
- Remain cost conscious and aware of every aspect of the project at all times.
Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field. Preferred Civil Engineering degree.
- Experience working on owner side real estate development environment.
- Minimum 5 years general real estate industry. Successful candidates in the position have had construction management, project management, property management and/or commercial development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively to meet or exceed project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize responsibilities to consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences from Leadership to Team Members.
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement.
- Must be analytical, detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand contracts and negotiate consultant proposals.
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communications.
- Must by team-oriented and flexible in assuming new or additional responsibilities as they arise.
- Ability to solve complex problems effectively.
- Demonstrated success in working in a team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Project and Project Management software.