Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Bellperson greets and assists guests, taking care of luggage, running errands and delivering items in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. In some circumstances, the Bellperson may also be assigned van driver duties or other responsibilities.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting.Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate.Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.What you will be doing
- Greet and open doors for guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- By hand or use of baggage carts, transfer luggage and packages to and from rooms, vehicles and/or loading areas.
- Issue claim checks when requested to store guest luggage/items. Return guest luggage/items upon receipt of claim checks.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services and in-house events, etc.Provide guests information about local features such as shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Maintain and clean the designated lobby station and baggage room; standing ready to assist guests. Clean and maintain baggage carts.
- Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms.
- Keep lobby doors and windows clean when not busy with guests.
- Post daily events on board in the lobby, as needed.
- May clean, inspect and maintain hotel vehicles.May perform pick-ups and drop-offs at airport and/or local areas.
- Foster good relations with the car rental companies, taxi services, tour and travel companies, limo services, etc. to provide the maximum level of quality service.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
- Attend Department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures.Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
Equal Opportunity Employer