Recognized as one of America's "cultural resources worthy of preservation," The Carolina Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, a AAA Four Diamond hotel and a Historic Hotels of America member. From the day it opened in 1924, the Inn has played an important role in the life of the University of North Carolina and the Chapel Hill community, and has long been one of the most popular sites in North Carolina for special events, weddings, business meetings, and academic conferences.
The Carolina Inn fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that values family, work-life-balance, community, and help develop our associates by providing support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewThis position shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible to assist in providing leadership and guidance to the bell/valet services team (may include but not limited to Valet, Bell Persons, Door Persons and Drivers, etc.) in the areas of training, scheduling and performance management for the overall successful day-to-day operations. This position is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and company standards and serve as an ambassador for Destination Hotels.Essential Functions
- Be an expert in all services/features and local attractions/activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries promptly and accurately
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the lobby, hotel entrance, bell desk and luggage storage areas
- Ensure that sufficient staffing/posting positions are maintained at all times to meet the daily business demands according to budgetary guidelines
- Assist staff whenever necessary in performing all job functions
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and follow proper departmental and property procedures to secure and protect pertinent data
- Maintain security and accurate record of all guest room keys issued to staff
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll records and tip distributions in a timely manner
- Instills a calm, organized approach when interacting in stressful situations
- Approach internal and external guest opportunities with a sense of care and urgency; provide prompt follow-up to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
- Foster and maintain strong, positive relationships with team members across all departments through communication and regular face-to-face interaction
- Assist management to recruit, hire, train and successfully manage the talent of all new and existing team members
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a high volume setting preferred
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and property management systems highly desirable
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
- Demonstrate ability to compute basic arithmetic
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules