Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Valet greets guests, open doors, issues claim checks and parks guest vehicles and returns vehicles to guests upon receipt of claim checks in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Open and close vehicle doors for guests. Assisting in loading and unloading of baggage, boxes, etc. into and out of vehicles.
- Issue vehicle claim check to guest. Safely park and secure guest vehicle in designed parking area. Label vehicle and keys. Place vehicle keys in designated location.
- Upon receipt of a valid claim check, safely return vehicle and keys to guest.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services and in-house events, etc.
- Provide guests information about local features such as shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Immediately notify management of any vehicle requests from guests with possible excessive alcohol consumption or in an impaired condition.
- Prompt reporting to management all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- Maintain and clean the designated station; standing ready to assist guests.
- Maintain designated parking area in neat and orderly condition.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or related employment.
- A valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly and proper guest service.
- Knowledge of hotel and the city.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
The Norfolk Waterside Marriott is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.