For us, hotels aren't simply places to sleep, they're places where dreams are born.
We encourage our employees to make their mark while giving back to their communities and saving the environment.
Drive, park and retrieve guest/visitor vehicles as they arrive and depart from the hotel, courteously, safely and efficiently according to the hotel’s standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain knowledge of:
- Scheduled daily activities.
- Daily arrivals/departures, house count.
- Features and services provided by the hotel.
- Hours of operation of each outlet.
- Parking facilities, layout, hours of operation, prices and procedures.
- Direct attention to Door Person to receive signals.
- Greet arriving guests/visitors; bid farewell to departing guests/visitors and invite them to return.
- Assist guests and visitors into and out of their vehicles.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Assist guests with loading/unloading luggage into and out of their vehicles.
- Provide legible claim tickets to guests for their luggage.
- Take possession of and park vehicle.
- Document location of vehicles parked in parking facility.
- Ensure security of vehicle and its keys.
- Date/time stamp vehicle parking ticket and file.
- Check with the Supervisor or Valet Parking Cashier for further parking needs or next assignment.
- Remain at assigned post while not parking vehicles.
- Hold vehicles at hotel entrance areas. Ensure that all driveways are kept clear; that vehicles are not parked or left standing in illegal spaces.
- Answer department telephone within 3 rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Document phone requests for retrieving vehicles as specified; record time of completion.
- Receive vehicle claim ticket from guest and ensure proper validation; relay validation/payment procedures to guest. Follow department procedures for retrieving a vehicle without a guest claim ticket.
- Retrieve guest vehicle keys from secured location and retrieve guest's vehicle from parking facility.
- Release vehicle to guest upon proper authorization of claim tickets. Open vehicle doors, assist guest into the vehicle and close doors.
- Upon request from guest, wash vehicles, dispense gas or oil.
- Relay accurate directions to guests/visitors on inquires regarding destinations within the local area.
- Monitor all parking areas/levels; report any vehicle/safety hazards; unauthorized personnel or potential security problems to Manager.
- Follow designated procedures for vehicle accidents, breakdowns and incidents.
- Graveyard shift: Complete nightly audit of parked vehicles with parking claim tickets, resolve discrepancies and submit list for charges to be posted by Night Auditor.
- Graveyard shift: Reorganize vehicles in parking facilities and keys to prepare for the following day’s parking business.
- Valid (state) drivers' license.
- Excellent driving record.
- Thorough knowledge of local areas and roads.
- Experience in driving vehicles.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Able to drive all types of vehicles.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Ability to:
- Drive all vehicle types.
- Provide legible communication and direction.
- use a beeper/radio
- Focus on guests’ needs.
- Prioritize, organize and make good judgments.
- Maintain concentration and think clearly under all driving conditions.
- Work in variable weather conditions.
- Ensure security of vehicles and hotel property.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Perform assignments with minimal supervision.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.