Primary responsibility is to ensure that all guests are warmly welcomed upon their arrival at the entrance of the Hotel. The Valet assures a quality arrival and departure experience at the door including assistance with luggage, parking and retrieving cars, and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Properly stand at attention at the hotel entrance.
- Open doors greeting guest with smile and friendly comment as they enter and exit the hotel.
- Greet arriving vehicles, opening doors for the guest and greeting them in a proper manner. Assist guests with luggage to the curbside and direct them to front desk or other areas as required.
- Valet guest cars within the procedures set for the department, ensuring that guest car and keys are safe and secure. Each vehicle will be clearly tagged.
- Assist guest with directions and information of property as required.
- Assist departing guest with transportation as requested.
- Retrieve valet vehicles in an efficient manner. Follow proper procedure in assisting the guest into the vehicle and loading articles including luggage into the vehicle as required.
- Assist Door Attendant in monitoring traffic in the porte cochere.
- Also, ensures that the porte cochere is clean of litter, water, oil, and other items that would be considered unacceptable standard in maintaining the cleanliness of the area.
- Perform duties as required in the related positions of the department and Door Attendant. Familiar with all procedures of these positions.
- Diplomatically handle or refer guest request and complaints.
- Ensure any safety or security related procedures are implemented and any possible situation is immediately reported.