Sunriver Resort, Oregon's most popular resort destination, is located on the Eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, 17 miles south of Bend, Oregon. Enjoying nearly 300 days of sunshine each year, Sunriver Resort combines world-class recreation and resort amenities with Oregon's natural beauty to create an extraordinary vacation destination. The resort boasts three world-class golf courses, which have won many awards including Golf Magazine's coveted Gold Medal as one of America's best golf resorts. Guests looking to relax can take refuge in our renowned Sage Springs Club and Spa. Offering a full range of massages, facials, body treatments, and salon services, our spa is the refuge of choice for relaxation-seekers.
Job OverviewManages the daily operation of all wastewater treatment and collection and/or water systems. Comply with goals and guidelines set forth by the State of Oregon, Department of Environmental Quality and the Director of Utilities Services. Exercise a considerable amount of judgment in decisions, operations and agency compliance included in all aspects of the utility companies.Essential Functions
- Implement the operation of the wastewater treatment plant/collection system in strict adherence with State of Oregon Department of Environmental Quality permit requirements and/or the Water system operations in strict accordance with the Oregon Department of Health.
- Supervise the operation and maintenance of utility plant and equipment, including the upkeep of buildings, grounds and vehicles.
- Direct responsibility for utility operations in one or more areas of the company both independently and/or in the absence of the Director of Utilities Services.
- Supervise, train and manage employees.
- Coordinate the planning and scheduling of utility projects, budgets, personnel and public relations with the Director of Utility Services.
- Conform to all safety policies and instruct/participate in specialized training for the safe handling of hazardous materials and confined space entry and related safety topics.
- Perform all aspects of utility construction including, but not limited to, excavation, shoring, equipment installations, laying and testing of wastewater and water lines.
- Perform employee evaluations for Utility Workers and Utility Professionals.
- Maintain an open working relationship with contractors, vendors, regulatory agencies, the public and other departments throughout the company.
- Write and maintain plans and programs for standard operating procedures.
- Oversee and operate telemetry and SCADA systems keeping pace with technology.
- Comply with all Sunriver policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Comply with Sunriver grooming and uniform policy.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- High school education or equivalent. Some level of post high school education in an appropriate field is preferred.
- Valid Oregon drivers’ license. Preferred to also have CDL.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills for internal leadership and agency compliance coordination/reporting
- Must have computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, and other systems.
- Must have minimum of eight years of experience in the water/wastewater field with Sunriver utility companies (or 10 years in other utility companies) plus must hold Class 3 Certificate in one or more of the fields of Water Distribution, Wastewater Collections and Wastewater Treatment to attain USO 3 managerial level.
- Must have minimum of ten years of experience in the water/wastewater field with Sunriver utility companies (or 12 years in other utility companies) plus must hold Class 4 Certificate in one or more of the fields of Water Distribution, Wastewater Collections and Wastewater Treatment to attain USO 4 managerial level.
- Must demonstrate progressive and increasingly responsible supervisory and managerial experience.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, an Oregon State Health Division, Department of Environmental Quality Certification in water/ wastewater fields, when applicable and needed to meet company need for compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Be on 24-hour emergency call.
- Must be able to safely lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- The working environment will vary from extreme outdoor conditions to indoor job duties. This position requires decision and leadership ability, at times in emergency situations. Safety procedures must be met at all times, as worker will be continually exposed to hazardous materials, confined space, electrical components and heavy equipment such as backhoes, dump trucks and other heavy vehicles.