Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for supervising the cleanliness and maintenance of uniforms, linen and terry as well as guest and contracted vendors clothing items. This person is responsible for reporting maintenance needs of the laundry equipment. S/he will ensure that the laundry staff is well trained and supervised.Essential Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Use cleaning chemicals according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations
- Monitor usage of chemicals and water to maximize consumption
- Operate all laundry machines and add designated chemicals in accordance with specified amounts, times and temperatures for the particular articles to be washed
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbal and non-verbal
- Ability to count
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Ability to be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data