A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will take full responsibility for the tasks that are given on all aspects of the Housekeeping operation and maintenance of the hotel. The Turndown Room Attendant is responsible for the overall cleanliness of all guestrooms that they are assigned to.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
Guest Room Cleanliness and Tidiness:
- Ensure occupied and vacant guestrooms are cleaned and maintained up to the exact standard as demonstrated by Housekeeping supervisory staff during initial training.
- If guest is utilizing any additional bedding (rollaway) ensure that there is ample linen and amenities.
- Remove all soiled linens and towels from room and store on back landings.
- Inspect all guestroom fresh linens for cleanliness and sub standard appearance.
- Thoroughly clean guest bathrooms, bathroom walls, bathtub, shower staff, water closet using the suggested chemicals. After cleaning, dry all areas, fixtures and surfaces, ensuring no water mark/spots.
- Arrange all toiletries straightened on a piece of cloth in occupied guestrooms.
- Replenish all amenities and terry items.
- Efficiently make bed to meet appearance standard as demonstrated.
- Arrange all clothing items in occupied guestrooms are folded neatly and pair guest shoes according to standards as demonstrated.
- Upkeep guestroom and bathroom to include all inside windows and mirrors.
- Remove all in room dining trays from guestroom hallways and/or corridor to be brought to back landings and call for pick up.
- Remove any used glasses or in room dining soiled plates + cutlery from the room. Ensure reporting of replacement as necessary from respective departments.
- Ensure waste baskets empty and clean.
- Vacuum the guestroom’s carpet, wipe down furniture and baseboards according to standard in all assigned work areas.
- Ensure entry floor area is free of debris and clean in appearance.
- Double check cleanliness of completed work area and placement of amenities in each complete guestroom before moving on to the next task.
Responsible for evening turndown services and refreshment of room:
- Responsible for evening turndown services and refreshment of rooms.
- Ensure occupied and guestrooms due in are turndown up to standard.
- Remove décor pillows, bed runner and fold back the bedspread and adjust pillows according to our standards.
- Efficiently turndown bed to meet appearance standard as demonstrated.
- Replenish guest amenities and supplies (if less than 1/3 full) and terry items.
- Close the sheer and blackout drapes or shutters in bedrooms and living rooms, unless an attractive evening view exists, in which case the curtains should be partially closed whilst still providing a view.
- Replenish stationary where required (i.e. when all of one type of stationery was missing and according to standard).
- Ensure guest has the correct amount of valet/dry cleaning/shoeshine bags/slips.
- Vacuum Guest room carpet, furniture and baseboards according to standard if needed during turndown service.
- Place television remote control and turndown drinking water on each nightstand.
- Turn on television to appropriate turndown standard.
- Turn on appropriate lighting if guest is not present during service.
- Fill the ice bucket with ice and replenish if already previously filled.
- Set up turndown tray on bench with turndown amenities according to standards.
- Lay out the bathmat in front of the bath tub.
- Place flower petals on the bath tub and in the turndown bowl, ensure bowl is filled with water.
- Recognize and report all missing, damaged or sub standard furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Ensure that all electronic devices (television, remote controls, stereo, and telephones) are working properly.
- Return all articles left by guest to lost & found.
- Must be physically able to lift more than 10lbs, bend and stand on their feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have a good level of both written and spoken English language comprehension.
- Previous luxury hotel experience a plus.
- Must be able to work on own and unsupervised.
Guestroom equipment and facilities:
- Recognize and report all missing, damaged or substandard furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Ensure that all electronic devices (television, stereo, telephones) are working properly.
Guest Requests Handling:
- Evaluate work assignment and prioritize work load according to guest requests.
- Ensure all guestrooms assigned are completed with correct status marked at the end of the day including any information for input into guest history file.
- Organize supply closets and work areas so that the Housekeeping Department operates, maintains and consistently meets efficient standards.
- Return all articles left by guest to Lost & Found and adhere to all Lost & Found policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Do Not Disturb policy.
Click this link to view the full job description: MOLAS JD Turndown Attendant FT- Level 8 Line.docx