Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one’s career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, “Hibiscus Huddles, “in honor of our company logo.
The Housekeeping Turndown Attendant is responsible for making lasting impressions on our guests by ensuring the guest’s room is clean, attractive and welcoming at all times. Our Turndown Attendants provide extra touches to our guest’s rooms suitable for our discriminating guests: he or she will offer ice and other amenities such as extra towels and pillows, turn-down the bed, freshen-up/clean the room, turn on the television and music to a soothing and relaxing channel, draw the curtains close and more.Responsibilities
- Perform all the functions of a Room Attendant and Houseperson as needed and warmly greet all of our guests.
- Offer assistance and information to our guests.
- Clean guest rooms according to Omni’s standards for Room Attendants
- Provide water and ice to guests
- Offer guests towels, pillows and other services/amenities
- Change linens, turn-down bed
- Manual labor experience required
- Basic English skills are required (must be able to answer basic questions about services and amenities, give directions to guests)
- Housekeeping experience preferred
- Ability to stand, bend and do repetitive movements for long periods of time
- Ability to lift upto 20-25 pounds intermittently, and occasionally 50 pounds
- Ability to push and pull housekeeping supply cart
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.