Trinitas Cellars General Manager | Napa
Location: US - CA - Napa
The General Manager position is a newly created role, located in Napa Valley and will be charged with leading Trinitas Cellars to the next level of growth. Being a small-production winery with a wide selection, the Trinitas family loves to connect with visitors and find wines that will be loved for years to come. More often than not, people leave Trinitas Cellars feeling part of the family and future history of the winery - and they are. Trinitas Cellars is also a proud member of the Meritage Collection of properties. The Meritage Collection is a luxury hotel collection with a new, reimagined experience that offers a variety of distinctive properties in renowned destinations. Being part of the Meritage Collection, Trinitas Cellars has the unique opportunity to leverage a deeper customer experience across the portfolio of properties.
The General Manager will lead and manage the overall operational aspects of the winery working with the executive team to increase sales and financial goals, accomplish all strategic initiatives and inspire all employees to achieve their goals and deliver the ultimate customer experience. The General Manager position requires demonstrated success in retail sales, employee management, financial management, and operational policy formation as well as knowledge of the legal aspects of running a winery including federal and state government reporting responsibilities and compliance. The GM will provide exemplary leadership, creating a culture based on our core values and embracing the management philosophy of Market Based Management (MBM). The GM position will report to the CEO.
The General Manager will be responsible through its managers for all Accounting, Compliance, Marketing and Retail Sales Operations including tasting room operations, wine club, direct to consumer sales and Production, including a future custom crush operation. Specifically the General Managers responsibilities include:
- Work with the CEO, executive team to develop annual strategic plans
- Work with the head of Finance and team to develop annual budgets, cash flow forecasts and performance goals to improve sales and profitability and control costs
- Develop annual Marketing and Sales plans, implementing key metrics and reporting to increase sales and profitability for DTC
- Develop plans and key metrics to insure the ultimate customer service experience and retention of wine club members.
- Drive an outstanding service culture throughout the winery
- Manage the winery production process, along with future custom crush business
- Maintain high product and customer experience standards
- Oversell the hiring and firing of all winery management and staff to achieve optimal performance and engagement at all levels
- Proactively resolve any actual and potential employee relations issues and or problems and maintain compliance with all federal state regulations concerning employment and adherence to Employee Handbook
- Manage all compliance and licensing requirements to comply with all State and Federal Liquor laws
- Drives safety and security management
- Maintain open line of communication with all working associates, all managers, and executive team members
- Minimum 3-5 years of senior management experience and proven success as General Manager at a full service winery including wine production and hospitality and wine sales
- Strong leadership and communication skills with an emphasis in team building, problem solving and results orientation
- Ability to formulate a plan for long-term success and gain support for the vision and implementation of the plan
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the daily operations of the winery
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency
- Ability to ensure optimum performance and continual improvement in guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, sales and marketing, and profit/financial control
- Solid financial acumen
- Strong wine knowledge
- Excellent analytical and creative skills with attention to detail with effective time and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of local market
- Ability to travel to promote sales and attend Wine Industry Events
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, internet Use and Outlook and preferably knowledge of Vin65/Wine Direct software.
The General Manager is a full time salaried position including Health, Vision and Dental insurance with paid time off. Salary will be commensurate with experience and competitive in the industry.