A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
The Resort Training/Team Member Coordinator will create, implement, and manage all training and communication related activities for all Hotel operations departments and lead departments into productive working methods by setting an example and utilizing all available training tools. This individual with assist the Director of Team Member Services in all aspects of the human resources department.
- Driving service scores by insuring staff provides continuous outstanding service
- Oversee, manage, and conduct all training-related programs, initiatives, communication, and activities for all Hotel operations departments.
- Partner with Hotel department leaders to ensure that lead departments to ensure division and department training materials and SOPs and other training tools are up-to-date and utilized effectively.
- Assist with on-boarding / orientations within the division.
- Train, monitor and reinforce standards and training accountability.
- Ensure employees are within compliance and are appropriately trained/certified as deemed appropriate for their roles, including ensuring employees sign off for all SOP training and Service Standards on an on-going basis, are fully trained in applicable systems/ programs, e.g. Opera, and have completed company compliance courses, e.g. Code of Conduct, Computer User Agreements, etc.
- Prepare quarterly department and employees training plans to address specific areas of weakness; oversee execution of these plans, including performing weekly process and product evaluations.
- Coach employees using "Reinforcement Coaching" and "Corrective Coaching" when appropriate. Train division management to understand and utilize these coaching methods.
- Develop and roll-out training programs, as needed, with a focus on and improve guest service and loyalty.
- Establish formalized on-boarding training plans for individual positions; Set up training schedules for employees; Perform follow-up on all new employees.
- Ensure employee compliance courses are completed.
- Protect the confidentiality of all training files, documents, and employee information under their immediate control.
- Partner with department managers to launch and facilitate various projects and planning initiatives.
- Involved in the interviewing process of new employees; make hire recommendations.
- Attend and assist with setting up/leading meetings, when applicable and as appropriate (e.g. Safety meetings, Guest Experience, employee leadership development, AB1825, Food Handler Card, TIPs Training, etc.).
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
The Training/Team Member Coordinator will assist the Director of Team Member Services with the daily activities of the Team Member Services office including recruiting, on-boarding, team member's compensation management, and wage/benefit administration, workers' compensation, recognition and engagement initiatives and events, as well as exit and separation process. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations and property operating procedures. Delivers Team Member Services that meet or exceed the needs of team members and enable business success. Provides all departments with guidance and support necessary to achieve their guest service and business objectives.
- At least 1 year human resources experience
- At least 1 year training experience
- At least 1 year guest service experience
- Able to lead and mentor team members
- Flexible with schedule to work days, evening, weekends, and holidays
Ideal candidate will have:
- 2 + years preferred in previous hotel training experience at a management level
- Embraces customer service excellence
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer savvy, and 4 Diamond experience a plus
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- One year of responsible Human Resources experience with hands- on experience handling Worker's Compensation, recruiting and benefits.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, Workers' Compensation, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes: Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, ERISA, and NLRA. Working knowledge of wage and salary, employment and benefits administration.
- ADP experience desired
Pacific Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.