At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree.
- Minimum of one year in Human Resource experience required or 5 years management/supervisory experience.
- Minimum of two year training activities preferably in the hospitality branch.
- PC Skills - data entry, Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication in English, Papiamentu and Dutch. Spanish is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong employee relation skills.
- Develop a course catalog to include course descriptions, objectives, target audience and methods of instruction.
- Maintain and update as needed the Supervisors’ Survival Guide and conduct one-on-one training with new managers and supervisors.
- Conduct New-Hire Employee Orientation and organize (or conduct if bi-lingual) Spanish New-Hire Employee Orientation quarterly.
- Develop and instruct Re-Orientation in English and Spanish for all employees after 2 years of employment and again after 5 years of employment.
- Monitor the Training Activity Checklist program for all departments. Review training materials annually and provide support as needed.
- Conduct Quarterly Benchmark Service Commitment training and support the Training Team in their efforts. Spearhead the review of all Department Service Standards and assist with updates as needed.
- Prepare monthly meeting topics for all Departments (including Benchmark Hospitality, Safety and Policy and Procedure information) and monitor use by collecting minutes from all departments.
- Organize and aid in conducting quarterly new supervisor/manager training to include such topics as Interviewing Skills, Harassment Prevention, Worker’s Compensation Information, Coaching and Counseling and more.
- Present a monthly “management development” topic for training at Department head meetings on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate Benchmark University annually.
- Coordinate in-house TIPS alcohol training and CPR training annually.
- Maintain, update and “advertise” an in-house library to include training videos, books and publications.
- Coordinate various programs in conjunction with the educational needs of employees.
- Data entry into HRIS all property wide training information (attendance and training requirements) and generate reports for training needed by individuals.
- Inform Director of Human Resources of any variances from company policies.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guests and fellow employees at all times. Maintain a position of high visibility within the property.
- Aid co-workers in employee relations’ activities as needed.
- Attend all Human Resource functions and assist in implementation as required.
- Must be available and willing to answer employee questions and assist in employee issues at all times.
- Will perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Human Resources.