Telecommunications Technical Support Technician
We believe in the importance of recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance, and last year, over 58% of our management team were promoted from within! TMI Hospitality Hospitality offers endless opportunities and growth potential throughout our more than 220 hotels across the United States. At TMI Hospitality we take pride as owners and are driven to be the best in the industry!
To be a great leader, you need great people behind you - well trained, goal oriented and energetic. People that emanate a sense of ownership. If you're looking for a fresh approach to your career, apply now. After all, you deserve the best!
Ensures complete customer satisfaction during the completion of service work orders and while installing new telecommunications systems.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
In House Service Technician
• Responsible for creating and or working on service trouble tickets.
• Completes all classifications of work orders with minimal support.
• Confirms and verifies the reported problem exists by talking to the customer; extract details about the problem to aid in the development of a solution.
• Keep the customer informed of progress on a daily basis.
• Determine the best solution for the problem.
• Implement the appropriate solution and test the results.
• Provides support and shares technical information to the Tech I and Tech III teams.
• Responsible for dispatching third party vendors to complete work required locally.
• Review vendor invoices to determine the accuracy of billing.
• Respond to questions regarding work performed by TMI Communications or the third party vendor; provides details as necessary.
• Field Technician
? Travels to hotels throughout the US to install telecommunications equipment in hotels.
? Installs telecommunications equipment according to both TMI Communications and manufacturer standards.
? Responsible for maintaining the project budget for labor cost.
? Must work independently, making quick, accurate decisions affecting the property opening schedule and the project budget.
? Must manage other trades on site that affect our scope of work to ensure our project timeline is maintained.
• Other duties as assigned
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years minimum of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Advanced Knowledge of telecommunications terminology, wiring and concepts
• Advanced Knowledge of Mitel Phone Systems
• Advanced Know ledge of Call accounting Systems
• Advanced Knowledge of DVR systems
• Advanced ability to manage difficult client/ customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service within 24hrs and meets commitments.
• Advanced ability to analyze and solve problems with customer interaction.
• Dependability - Requires the ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.