It's the little things that count, hundreds of 'em!
As a Tax Analyst, you will fill a team support role in the Accounting Department by assisting the Tax Manager with tax issues and notices, which includes the preparation of schedules, providing documentation, and updating all schedules used to track tax return filings, notices and audits. At times, the Tax Analyst will be required to work directly with governmental representatives or third party providers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Assist the Tax Manager with tax notices, tax audits or special projects as instructed.
- Daily maintain, complete and update the Audit and Notice checklists and the Tax Calendar along with other assigned department schedules.
- Research and resolve tax inquiries, tax accrual issues and tax reconciliation issues.
- Maintain and reconcile monthly all property tax general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Timely preparation of state, local and special tax returns and processing of payments and filing as assigned.
- Ensure that that all tax returns, reconciliations and other supporting schedules are documented and support with traceable, appropriate back up documentation.
- Cross train on the other Tax Analyst job functions and act as backing up for position as needed.
- Foster continuous improvement of the Tax Department team.
- Develop professional and technical knowledge by researching tax questions utilizing CCH, attending educational workshops or classes; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Adhere to the policies outlined in the Aimbridge Employee Handbook.
- Maintain relationships and communication, written & verbal, between all levels of Aimbridge employees, outside providers and government representatives. All written and verbal communication should be professional, clear and concise.
- Adhere to policies and procedures and systems of internal control for each Tax Department functional area and corresponding services.
- Adhere to Aimbridge document management and retention policies.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
About Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic independent management companies in North America and the Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 700 hotels and resorts with more than 85,000 guestrooms, our company operates across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels. Our highly resourced company offers an unrivaled track record of creating and maximizing asset value and holds an enviable position as an exclusive management company approved to operate all brands within the Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, Wyndham, and InterContinental systems as well as their respective newly launched soft brands.
Aimbridge Hospitality Culture
Aimbridge Hospitality is and will forever be a “high touch” organization. From the principals to the front line associates, the Aimbridge team is engaged in guest, partner (both investment and brand), and associate satisfaction. At Aimbridge Hospitality, we value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Having fun helps us keep perspective! If we’re happy, our guests will be happy. Our work place culture values family, work life balance and community.
Career Advancement at Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality values innovation ideas that ensure high productivity and rewards those willing to step forward and help us develop passionate team members that deliver outstanding guest service and top financial results. We want you to success and explore new positions in which allow you to progress your career. Our culture and programs prepare you to meet and exceed your personal goals. Every leader knows the key to success is continuous training to all team members, and to proactively encourage and provide them with opportunities for advancement.