Task Force General Manager
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
Stonebridge Companies is searching for an experienced HOTEL General Manager that enjoys helping our associates and guests alike. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys travelling and learning new markets as well as had prior hotel operations experience in a multitude of brand such as Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Starwood...etc. This position is based at our Corporate office in Centennial, Co but could be required to travel to any one of our hotel locations for any given length of time to fulfill an assignment.
This Task Force General Manager involves travel to properties in any 7 states where we operate at any one of our hotels including full service, select service and extended stay. The Task Force General Manager will provide coverage during transition or whenever there's a need. Assignment length will vary based upon the needs of the property. This position is based in Denver, CO.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Task Force General Manager will coordinate, direct and manage day-to-day hotel operations.
* Embrace leading a solid team to being a better team, training and developing them to excel in their roles and continuously improve; motivate associates to exceed expectations of the guests; passionately uphold and elevate a positive work environment for the internal guests - our associates.
* The position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers.
* Works through and with management team to drive revenue and guest service.
* Holds property leadership team accountable for strategy execution, and guides their individual professional development.
* Support and communicate company goals and initiatives, promote company programs, and act as an ambassador of the company.
* Ensure the portfolio operations are functioning within the financial parameters established in the budget
* Hire qualified associates, assemble skilled and cohesive teams, manage individual and team performance, provide developmental opportunities and promote teamwork and cooperation.
* Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Will act as property level Human Resources when a field representative is not provided.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
* Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
* Ensures new hires complete new hire orientation.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
* Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
* Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
* Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
* Assists department in exceeding productivity standards.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
* Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
* Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
* Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
* Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and objectives.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
* Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
* Listens without interruption and gets clarification.
* Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
* Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
Associate demonstrates effective FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT skills
* Monitors and controls labor costs.
* Seeks approval for overtime, if required.
Associate effectively MANAGES PEOPLE
* Provides regular performance feedback and proactively addresses performance concerns of staff.
* Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are achieved.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
*5 years minimum General Manager Experience in a branded property environment.
*Strong Sales and F&B experience a plus.
*Experience using Workday HCM & ATS systems preferred.
*Proficient in Revenue Management.
*Proven track record of achieving Revenues and GOP objectives.
*Excellent communication, time management, supervisory and leadership skills are a must.
*High energy and flexibility are required.
*90% travel required.
*Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and transportation readily available to travel to any of our in-state hotels.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Indoor work environment
• Outside sales calls will expose individual to outdoor conditions.
• Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
This position will entail 90% travel by air or car dependi