The Fairmont Southampton
Location: Bermuda - Southampton
To ensure that adequate food, beverage, general and operating supplies are available and the inventory has been properly accounted for.
Reigning from atop Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Inventory Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Tracking stock levels and preparing orders to replenish stock well in advance to maintain established levels
- Ensuring loading, storing and distribution process is handled efficiently, including relevant documentation, updating computer records etc.
- Maintaining proper rotation of merchandise and monitoring shelf-life of products
- Maintaining effective relationships with vendors, internal and external stakeholders
- Monitoring temperatures of storeroom
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, safe & healthy work environment at all times
- Assisting with the monthly inventory process
- Assisting other colleagues as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years relevant experience is an asset
- Work collaboratively as part of a team with all departments in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven problem solving, organization, prioritization and planning skills
- Must be accountable, reliable and demonstrate initiative
- A sound knowledge of arithmetic
- Basic computer skills
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stretching
- Heavy Lifting 80lbs average
- Ability to use elevators and climb ladders
- Ability to handle large volumes of stock
- Ability to work in cold temperatures
Only Bermudians, Spouses of Bermudians and PRC Holders will be considered for this position
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!