A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Supervises all aspects of hotel's stewarding services including maintenance of cleaning and sanitation standards and delivery/storage of food service related equipment and supplies.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Supervises Team Members in the Stewarding Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training Team Members. Recommends applicants for selection. Plans, assigns and directs work. Recommends performance ratings. Recommends merit increases, promotions and reclassification. Determines work quality expectations and sets deadlines.
- Monitors and controls the maintenance/sanitation of kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, and property standards and regulations. Takes corrective action as needed. Prepares schedules to ensure staffing levels are optimal.
- Controls expenses and maximizes profitability within assigned areas. Ensures all billing is accurate and prompt. Utilizes corporate computer programs to analyze forecasts, cost and revenue reports. Makes decisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability. Ensures quality while minimizing waste or loss of supplies to maintain profitability.
- Works with equipment vendors to consistently inspect machinery and ensure optimal performance.
- Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by assuring all assigned are properly cleaned and maintained. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction and immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints.
- Maintains sufficient inventory of supplies and equipment and orders as needed. Tracks and records breakage. Participates in weekly/monthly inventories. Ensures equipment is properly secured and maintained and notifies maintenance of any repair or safety issues. Ensures compliance with all health, food and beverage regulations.
- Monitors SOPs to ensure consistent exceptional service is provided. Assists in developing and updating policies and procedures. Participates in weekly meeting with Management Team to ensure weekly goals, challenges, and service standards are met.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines.
- Must wear non-slip, oil resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Acts on reports of potential safety issues or whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team Members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team Member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Makes merit recommendations within budget or established guidelines. Recommends promotions or reclassifications within company policy.
- Approves leave and time away from work within company policy.
- Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests.
- Assists in developing the annual budget for assigned area.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- One to two years of increasingly responsible experience in a similar high volume setting required.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction. Ability and experience in successfully leading and coordinating staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment. Strong and proven ability to motivate, train, develop, mentor.
- Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and use of basic numerical concepts (e.g. whole numbers, percentages) to complete job tasks. Ability to make reasonable estimates of arithmetic results without a calculator.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, Team Members, guests and the general public. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, Team Members and guests. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Bacara Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.