Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one’s career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, “Hibiscus Huddles, “in honor of our company logo.
The Stewarding Supervisor role is to supervise the day-to-day operation of the department for a given shift. The Stewarding Supervisor is responsible for the control and distribution of operating equipment, maintenance of cleaning and sanitation standards, supervision of all utility, pot washer, dishwasher, and worker assignment tasks.Responsibilities
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates
- Resolves associate issues
- Be able to read banquet menus and perform set up procedures
- Responsible for all personnel under his/her supervisor
- Responsible for the proper cleaning, rack and distribution of all china, silver and glassware.
- Maintains required standards of sanitation and cleanliness.
- Reviews and reinforces operating procedures with his/her shift.
- Minimize breakage of circulating equipment.
- Candidate is required to have at least 1 year stewarding experience, preferably in a hotel environment, and/or 6 months hotel supervisory experience. Previous leadership experience and/or responsibilities are preferred.
- Ability to set priorities for assigned areas/staff and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
- Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to interact with internal/external guests and courteously solve internal requests.
- Ability to train a staff to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Self-motivated, and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Able to maintain 4-Diamond level cleanliness standards.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Move, carry and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance and move, push, pull objects weighing up to 100 lbs. Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, with frequent bending, twisting and reaching overhead.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.