Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for assisting with the daily supervision of stewarding operations. These responsibilities include supervising stewards, while ensuring the safety and cleanliness of the properties supplies and stewarding areas.Essential Functions
- Maintain a positive physical appearance of the stewarding and back of house areas
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports and daily log of events
- Maintains continuous observation of stewarding supplies, work, storage and surrounding areas to ensure apparent safety hazards are reported and corrected promptly and the safety of employees is a primary focus
- Check work stations for proper supplies, organization, cleanliness and mechanical problems. Instruct designated personnel to correct deficiencies
- Communicate Kitchen and Restaurant service needs from Stewarding throughout the shift and ensure that all requirements are met according to specifications
- Assist Stewarding staff with their job functions where needed to ensure optimum cleanliness and service standards
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment/machinery
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Must be able to provide legible communication and direction
- Be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgments
- Previous experience in food and beverage, preferably in a leadership role