• Oversees/Cleans and maintains all storage/preparation/cooking areas and equipment, ensuring that they are kept at the highest level of sanitation and quality
• Ensures and maintains proper sanitation of all dishwashing and pot washing areas and equipment
• Operates/maintains dishwashing equipment properly to provide clean, sanitized china, glass and silver
• Supervises/sorts/washes/stores all china, glassware, silverware, service wares, pots, pans, utensils
• Coordinates operation of silver burnishing equipment
• Polishes silver serving equipment, silverware and utensils
• Monitors/Operates floor cleaning equipment, maintains resilient floor surfaces
• Removes all trash from kitchen areas, operates garbage disposal and trash compactor
• Maintains control over all china, glass, silver, cookware and service equipment inventories
• Assists in food service set up of banquet areas prior to function
• Supervises/performs breakdown of all food service materials and equipment after banquet functions
• Attends and conducts required department meetings to keep abreast of in-house activities/promotions and events
• Other duties as assigned
• Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
• Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters of significance
• Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees
• Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
• Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
• Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
• Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
• Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
• Recycles whenever possible
• Remains current with hotel information and changes
• Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
• Maintains payroll with in the budget standards according to pbh standards.
• Responsible to delegate duties and to follow up with all team members.
• Maintain proper coverage at all times.
• Understand the health inspection codes and be able to conduct a in house audit with the chef
• Assist the health inspector with the bi-yearly state requirement inspection.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Ability to understand basic English
• Ability to stand, bend and stoop repetitively during eight hour shift
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively
• Knowledge of dishwashing equipment operation, chemicals and chemical feed equipment
• Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V