Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Responsible for washing/sanitizing dishes, glassware, flatware, cooking pots/utensils
and related food service related equipment. Helps prepare and deliver plated food for
banquets/events. Cleans kitchen areas and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Properly sorts soiled ware and prepares it for cleaning through the dish or pot
2. Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans according to hotel's standard
of cleanliness. Items are washed using appropriate dishwashing machines or
other kitchen cleaning equipment. Visually inspects all items to assure
cleanliness. Cleans and sanitizes all walls, floors, counter surfaces, cutting
boards on a continuous basis or as assigned.
3. Places clean dishes, utensils and cooking equipment in appropriate storage
4. Stocks supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards,
refrigerators, or salad bars.
5. Disposes of kitchen substances (such as grease) and kitchen chemicals
properly. Transports garbage containers to dump sites and adheres to recycling
regulations. Sorts and removes trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
Empties and cleans trashcans,
6. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines.
7. Must wear non-slip, oil resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and
procedures. Acts on reports of potential safety issues or whenever observed and
takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require
the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties
that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team Members will be
trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel
provides the required PPE. Team Member has responsibility to report defective,
damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager.
Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program
and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
8. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
Bacara Resort and Spa is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.