A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Responsible for washing/sanitizing dishes, glassware, flatware, cooking pots/utensils and related food service related equipment. Helps prepare and deliver plated food for
banquets/events. Cleans kitchen areas and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Properly sorts soiled ware and prepares it for cleaning through the dish or pot machine.
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans according to hotel's standard of cleanliness. Items are washed using appropriate dishwashing machines or
other kitchen cleaning equipment. Visually inspects all items to assure cleanliness. Cleans and sanitizes all walls, floors, counter surfaces, cutting boards on a continuous basis or as assigned.
- Places clean dishes, utensils and cooking equipment in appropriate storage areas.
- Stocks supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Disposes of kitchen substances (such as grease) and kitchen chemicals properly. Transports garbage containers to dump sites and adheres to recycling regulations. Sorts and removes trash, placing it in designated pickup areas. Empties and cleans trashcans,
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines.
- Must wear non-slip, oil resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Acts on reports of potential safety issues or whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- May perform food preparation functions in the event of staffing shortages or during peak periods. Helps prepare and deliver plated food for banquets.
- May accept and sign for deliveries, ensuring all items indicated are accounted for, and puts items in correct food storage areas.
- Keep dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
- Operated burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware. Detarnishes and polishes silver for proper appearance.
- Communicates to management any shortages of china, glass, silver, chemicals, cleaning supplies, service equipment, fuel or other supplies required to complete
daily functions. Reports all breakage to supervisor
- Ensures work area is kept clean and organized.
(Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.)
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training)
- No related experience and/or training required. Previous stewarding experience desired.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to communicate, read, write and understand English to understand instructions and safety rules.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Ability to learn proper use of various types of equipment and cleaning materials used in cleaning assigned areas.
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace, maneuvering between functions
occurring simultaneously. The team member regularly grasps objects such as cookware, knives, plate ware and glassware. The team member frequently feels the temperature of objects such as hot dishes and cookware. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while serving and performing other essential functions of the job. The team member regularly stoops, kneels and crouches. The team member occasionally talks when communicating with stewarding and kitchen staff. The team member occasionally needs to hear voices while interacting with staff. Many aromas and smells are present in the kitchen and stewarding areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing, moving or carrying cookware, plate ware, and food items. Lifting is regularly required when moving around dishes, cookware and supplies. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move items such as cookware, dishes and supplies. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the cleanliness, accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work areas.
The team member is subject to environmental conditions found working indoors. The team member is frequently subject to extreme heat, with temperatures up to 100
degrees while moving around in the kitchen and dishwashing areas. The team member is frequently subject to loud noise when working in or around the kitchen and cleaning areas. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to moving mechanical parts, equipment found in kitchens and food service areas, sharp objects, and exposure to cleaning chemicals. Other hazards may include slick floors and hot stoves, cookware, plate ware or glassware. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric condition such as fumes, odors, or dusts. The team member is required to function in crowded or narrow aisles, passageways or work areas in the kitchen and cleaning areas.
The Meritage Resort and Spa is an equal opportunity M/F/V/D and e-verify employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.