At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
PM and AM shifts; work schedule varies
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Protect the assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the associate handbook.
- Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow associates, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
- Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
- Practice the principles of Be the Difference culture.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Benchmark a Global Hospitality Company.
Verizon Basking Ridge offers a diverse, dynamic, and thriving environment that supports career development for all our associates.
- Some portions (less than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be unlevel, slippery, or unstable.